All reviews private beach train station restaurants bars sea view fine sand helpful reception staff great location small car large bed deluxe room underground parking cote d'azur great room the air conditioning central location minutes walk away every morning
Reviewed 10 September 2017

The location is perfect for both Juan Les Pins and for driving further afield. Close to the main roads, the beach, train station (2 mins walk) and the pedestrian restaurant areas. The underground parking (provided you have a small car) is a Godsend. A small charge (I think it was Euro 15 per day when I was there) saves you hours of trying to find a parking space in the busy summer months. The reservation process was completed efficiently and I booked the parking space in advance as well. Staff are very helpful. I booked the basic room which had a large bed and was really comfortable with quality bedding. The room was a bit dated, but this wasn't a problem, it had everything I needed. It had a balcony overlooking the street and apartments opposite. There is some noise from the street (mopeds - as is standard in France, and rubbish collection in the morning) this does not bother me, these are the sounds of France to me :-) but might trouble light sleepers. The bathroom looked at if it had been renovated recently. It was larger than expected, very clean, the shower was powerful and water was hot, and the towels were fluffy. Breakfast was in a room downstairs which felt a bit soulless, but the buffet selection was good, and the croissants and pain au chocolat provided the perfect start to the day (there is bread, cheese, meat, fruit and some hot items as well). The place has a retro feel to it, probably not intentionally, but the experience overall was good and it was excellent value.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LovinEveryMinute
HELIOSJLP, Directeur général at Hotel Helios, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

Dear Guest, thank you so much for your kind comment. Our team is very happy you spent a nice stay with us. The decoration of our breakfast room is made with colourful ceramics from Capron, a famous ceramist from Vallauris. We do hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you again Kindest Regards Anne

Reviewed 30 May 2017

I am staying in hotel helios for two months, and have so far had a great experience. I looked at the reviews for this place (as well as every other hotel) pretty skeptically since my duration was so long, and am so glad I got in here. The staff is super friendly, goes out of their way to help you with whatever you need, and always really accommodating. I had an issue with my shower, and they sent someone to my room multiple times to make sure it was okay, as well as checked in with me any time I waked by. The location is spectacular, right by all the restaurants and bars, and a few blocks from the beach. They charge 15 euro for beds at the beach, but if you go to Cannes or other areas, you are looking at anywhere from 2-50 euro for a bed, so this is a good deal. You can always walk to a public beach a few blocks down the road and throw down a towel for free, if you really can't break the bank.

As for the bad reviews people have wrote, let me address those really quickly, as I have been staying and working in France for a total of four months now (at various hotels in the region), and will be moving here shortly.

Parking: Yes, the parking is tight, but let me tell you, the spaces are a lot bigger than pretty much any garage you are going to be in, in France. I am from the US and use to big cars and big spots. Unfortunately, this is pretty much impossible to get anywhere in France, so this garage is no smaller than any other one you are going to find. Get a small car, and you will be fine, if not, they have an upstairs lot for larger cars, so make sure you reserve in time. I am a young girl and not the best driver, and I have been fine parking in this garage (where I have literally not gone to areas nearby because I actually couldn't park my car there).

Rooms are small: again, this is another thing you will find in France. Unless you want to spend a fortune or stay out in Sophia Antipolos, where there is nothing around, you are going to get a hotel room this size pretty much everywhere (and it really isn't bad). Compared to an american sized hotel room, yes, it is one of the smaller ones, but it is the average size for any in the region.

Issues with rooms: honestly, these people probably haven't asked for help and are just complaining. Anything I have asked for, they have rushed to help me or make sure it is fixed. My room is always cleaned, and if I have left clothes out, they have folded them nicely for me.

Like I said, I am staying in this hotel for two months, have stayed all over the area, and can honestly say I would recommend anyone coming here 100%. I love Hotel Helios and will be back again.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank tara w
HELIOSJLP, Directeur général at Hotel Helios, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2017

Thank you so much for the time you take to write us this lovely comment. This is a real pleasure to welcome you and we are so happy that you spend a great time in Hotel HELIOS and in Juan les Pins. All my Best Anne

Reviewed 25 May 2017

The location of this great little hotel really couldn't really better, As well as its proximity to the sea front at JlP, the Helios is less than ten minutes by train from Cannes and less than two minutes from the local train station.

It's also just a short walk from a good selection of reasonable (and reasonably-priced) restaurants and bars as well as local shops (inc a local Carrefour supermarket).

The rooms - which one of the ever-helpful reception staff told me had recently been refurbished - are light, spacious and clean, with pastel colours and good facilities.

Even amongst a host of great elements, the breakfast is probably the highlight - a great selection of hot and cold foods served in a light and airy breakfast room.

Given all of the above (and the larceny perpetrated by some other hotels in the region), the Helios is an affordable find.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank LondonPhilC
HELIOSJLP, Directeur général at Hotel Helios, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your lovely comment. It was a pleasure to welcome you and we are so glad you had a great stay in Juan les Pins
We do hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you again
Kindest Regards
Anne

Reviewed 15 May 2017

My room was gorgeous as I could see the ocean from it. I called ahead and the staff was VERY helpful in this regard and made sure I got the room I wanted. The balcony was average and not made for sunbathing (as I had hoped) but there is a private beach within a 5 minute walk. However, be sure to note that you have to pay to use said private beach and it's not the swimmiest of places. Nonetheless, if you want to sunbathe and have a drink and eat good food and don't mind paying, it's fine. The staff at the hotel were either extremely helpful and friendly or a bit indifferent and snooty depending on the day and the person. The location is terrific - a very high walking score. I didn't have the breakfast so can't comment but it seems a bit stiff at 18 euros.

Room Tip: Call and speak to the reservations office directly
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank canadienne715
HELIOSJLP, Responsable réception at Hotel Helios, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your comment which is very important to us.
The Deluxe room with sea view you have booked was redecorated last Winter.
This room has a balcony with a table and 2 chairs. We have 2 other Deluxe rooms with large terrace but with street view, sun beds and also 2 Suite on the top floor with sea view and a large terrace with sunbeds but not our Deluxe rooms with sea view.
On the French Riviera all the private beaches charges for the sun beds.
But you have also a public beach in Juan les Pins.
We serve a buffet breakfast with large choice at 18 Euros per person but of course you can have a coffee and for example a croissant at our Bar located on the ground floor(or in your room)
We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to welcome you again in the futur
Kindest regards
Petra
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 6 May 2017 via mobile

Fantastic hotel in the heart of Juan Les Pins, that is situated perfectly.
2 minute walk to the beach which has its own restaurants & bars. Train station is just around the corner.
Hotel room itself was stunning, sea view with very modern features in the room itself.
Very competitively priced.
Will be using again...

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
HELIOSJLP, Responsable réception at Hotel Helios, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank so much for your kind comment.
This is very important to us. We have redecorated our Deluxe room last Winter and we are happy that you liked them.
We hope to welcome you again at Hotel Helios