All reviews pool view junior suite excellent hotel breakfast buffet special thanks business trip the breakfast area hotel guests hotel restaurant nice balcony french riviera juan les short stroll train station restaurants and bars cote d'azur south of france
Reviewed 8 August 2018

Very nice hotel, with very decent staff. Everything that the hotel offers is great. The pool is clean and quiet. Food in the restaurant is for any commendation, especially diversity and exoticism.

The only remark is payment of "hotel beach". This is unreasonably expensive, and you also need to book in advance. Which is a little weird because we are still hotel guests.

Room Tip: Pool view room is the only one to choose from
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Mitjaga
Reviewed 8 August 2018

We have stayed at this hotel numerous times in the past but now we stay at a Private Villa still located in the complex.
The Villa has access to the below Hotel Ambassadeur Car Park which we paid to have our car parked in. Paid for at Hotel Reception on arrival. Supposedly secure, private, 24/7 CCTV monitored car park for our brand new £50,000 Audi car.
On the 7th August 2018 we went to check on the car which we found had passenger window and rear window broken shattered everywhere and the car ransacked obviously broken into.
Naturally we went straight up to the hotel and asked for the manager. While we waited for the manager they supposedly rang and was on the way the staff really couldn't have cared less what had happened. No apology and if anything rude. Immediately stating they were not to blame, even though the car park has their name written all over it. After speaking to numerous members of staff we found out that the CCTV in their own words "sometimes works and sometimes doesn't". Not ideal for guests with expensive cars looking to park them securely.
But the worst was that they said they were aware the car had been broken into on the 2nd August, 5 days earlier and didn't bother to contact us! Said they rang the police but had no incident number etc. Only supplying us with a couple of photos someone had taken of the car with their phone which were useless as we can see the damage thats been done. Its the CCTV catching the culprits which is relevant.
Audrey was specifically rude, pretty much laughing in our faces when we quite rightly were rather upset at what had happened. Telling us we must speak one at a time like a school teacher standing over us. And after waiting 45 minutes eventually found out she hadn't even bothered to ring the manager. A security man telling us we should speak in french when we are in france. Not helpful at all.
When asked if this type of thing has happened before in the car park a clear answer couldn't be given while they were talking in french between themselves think we heard the security man say last week happened to a bmw.
Basically that happening to a car in a secure car park is unacceptable. The car then being left for that long in that state like its a piece of trash is even more unacceptable. And then the attitude and professionalism of the staff was one of the worst I have ever come across. And this should put anyone off staying at this hotel.
After coming here on family holidays for years and years if you're reading this I would pick either the garden beach hotel or the belles rives hotel both far superior, much better locations and generally nicer all round.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Blaine S
Management_Hotel_AC, Front Office Manager at AC Hotel by Marriott Ambassadeur Antibes- Juan les Pins, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2018

Good afternoon and thanks for taking the time to contact us. I was called when you arrived at reception when discovering the damaged car. I would have been very frustrated myself in your position, but I will have to clarify about the supposed negligent and disrespectful behavior form our colleagues.

Yes, your car was damaged, this was noticed three days before we saw you by one of our teammates. We took pictures and noted the time when discovered. We were not able to identify you, as you were not staying with us. This is a public parking, with a part stating "HOTEL" at level -2, your car was at level 0, but it is not a reason for us to disregard, so we reported it and tried to find you. We took pictures so that eventually when you showed up we could give you all possible info in order to file the police complaint.

This is a shared parking, we do not own it, but never have we intended to play the "we don't know" card, we thought well by trying to get things ready for the day we'd have news from you, not knowing who and where you were. How could we guess, in a public parking lot, who has which car ? It seems really easy reading your review, I don't know how this can be done, Police won't tell you who owns which car by giving them license plates. I have to say I disagree, we cannot do this so easily.

Audrey remained calm, courteous, and if you do not accept that she reports to Florian in French, the language used in this country, I understand (you may think we are hiding things). It must be quite frustrating to live this situation, but rest assured we have nothing to hide, we are here to help. Even people not staying with us, parking in a different part of the parking.
If you feel we intentionnaly left a car here like a piece of trash, I'd be glad to know what other options you'd think of. No keys, no Id or phone number, not a hotel guest, many clues missign for us to act. Again , this is a public parking and no police officer will accept giving me the name or contact details with a license plate. I wish we could do that.

It did not happen to a BMW recently. A person who parked for an evening claimed the car was damaged, turned out they did it themselves. After looking at CCTV of the entrance we sorted his out. This parking is very narrow I'll give you that, and we saw the person entering and damaging the tires herself. In your case this is different, clearly this is an act of vandalism, that we do not accept, and tried our best to help. Next time this happens I will still ask my colleagues to assist as much as possible, as always, but I will not accept fbeing blamed. This is a public parking, we are happy to help when we can but we have our limitations. You threw the file we prepared at Audrey like she was garbage, yelled at her, and yes if you want someone to understand, you request them to stop yelling and talk one by one. It is not an inappropriate behaviour, just common sense. We are sorry to see the hotel has to suffer from such a review although we all tried to help, and above all we are sorry you car was damaged. This is not acceptable, the police has to be warned to launch the CCTV procedures, complaint filing etc... and I hope this can be sorted out with your insurance.

I will make sure every colleague knows how to react, this is unacceptable to you, it is also unacceptable to all of us. We are here to help, if the message is not delivered properly we will do our best to improve that.
I just hope you understand that being blamed for this seems unfair.

Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

Good location close to the beach but this hotel doesnt understand service. They closed the pool at 18:00? In Antibes in July, its a joke They claimed in a letter in our room They changed the opening hours to 20:00 but we checked the day after and the pool guard Said 18:00 again.
Guests Where Denied to bring a bottle Of water in the pool area. What a joke a Beer from the shop or food i understand but water ????
Breakfast is overpriced and i would not go back.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Anders W
Management_Hotel_AC, Front Office Manager at AC Hotel by Marriott Ambassadeur Antibes- Juan les Pins, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2018

@Anders W thanks for writing after your stay with us.
We are very sorry if there is a misunderstanding but what we do is serve until 6pm but the pool closes at 8pm. The security agent was reminded the actual hours, and since then the rule is very clear to all. Indeed the signeage is clear too, now I don't think we'll have to face the issue again.

Although I do agree water is not like your own meal, as a restaurant with a pool we do not allow both food and beverages brought from outside. We believe that exceptions mean the end of the rule we have set, and even though I understand your frustration and agree this is not convenient we intend to stick with our Policy for the time being.

We appreciate you took the effort and the time to write in details, the team joins me in thanking you.

Philippe and Christian

Reviewed 26 July 2018 via mobile

The AC AMBASSADOR looks beautiful but our whole tour group was disappointed during our 2 night stay because:
1. Front desk said the outdoor pool open until 8 - it closed at 6. Lifeguard Securite refused to keep it open when front desk came out to tell him. This is anarchy and he should be fired. Brochure said open to 7. So at a minimum, he should have kept it open until 7.
2. Beach closed at 4 pm due to jazz concert.
3. front desk personnel rude.
4. Our rooms were directly above a jazz concert that was planned and held at the patio of the hotel that lasted until 1:15 AM. they refused to change our rooms until our guide insisted they do so.
Our guide had to speak to all levels of management until the highest director of the hotel understood the situation about the room noise due to their jazz concert and we got our rooms changed for our 2Nd night of the jazz concert.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Management_Hotel_AC, Front Office Manager at AC Hotel by Marriott Ambassadeur Antibes- Juan les Pins, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2018

@mtn1moma thanks for leaving detailed comments about your stay with us. It seems we have failed our mission, it is very clear you have not enjoyed your stay.
We have received very similar complaints yesterday, a member of your tour group as well. Just to clarify the room moves situation : we were aware you needed to move, but the hotel being fully booked prevented us from changing rooms the same night.
Exact same situation with the pool opening hours. it must be the same case discussed yesterday.
We have forwarded the info to our teammates in an effort to acknowledge and improve as much as possible.

If you have found our security agent or front desk personnel rude, it is my responsibility to take all necessary measures and find out which aspect of your interactions with us made you feel this way. The whole team joins me in apologizing for the inconvenience.
This is not what we wish to reflect for our guests, we will do our best.

Thanks for letting us know, and all apologies again.

Philippe

Reviewed 26 July 2018

I recently stayed here as part of a group tour. The hotel itself is beautiful and huge. There are expensive pieces of artwork all around the building and a beautiful outdoor pool and indoor pool. Unfortunately there were many problems with the staff and their attitudes. The hotel book states that the pool is open till 8 pm however the pool closed at 6 pm. The towel girl wanted to charge me 5 Euros for a towel because she had given 3 other people towels (but I had not come in with them). A security guard who saw me, vouched for me.

Then there was a Jazz Fest in the area-- at the beach and also in the hotel. Because of that, the private hotel beach was closed early as well. The Jazz at the hotel started at 11 pm and although my room was on the 3rd floor, I could hear the music loudly. A call down to the front desk got the following response that there were no rooms to change to, and the concert ended at 1:30 AM! I told them I had a wake up call at 6:30 am. I complained again the next morning and was told the same thing but I discovered that at least 10 or more people in my group had the same problem and two changed that night with the help of the tour director. The next day my room was changed and the hotel staff left complimentary lavender bags in the lobby (for sleep). But what was interesting was that I heard that when a friend went to the pool the next day, she was told it was closing at 6 although the reception girl said 7. So when the friend and the reception girl went to the pool, they were both told the pool was still closing at 6!

In addition, I found out that others had received an apology letter for the Jazz in the lounge (I did not) and that the pool was closing that day at 4 pm for a BBQ party!

On the plus size, the pools were nice and I did receive a complimentary bottle of wine and cookies that first day in my room although I don´t know why. Because I was moved to the new room, I had to ask for a bottle opener and the reception desk person asked If I was bringing it back that night and I looked at her incredulously. I told her I would leave it in the room but instead, I did bring it back in the morning since I guess they thought I would steal the bottle opener. No way-- I did not want a reminder of my stay at Juan Les Pins which is a shame since it is a beautiful place in a convenient location, but needs help with the customer service component.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms above their lounge (like 321)
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
Management_Hotel_AC, Front Office Manager at AC Hotel by Marriott Ambassadeur Antibes- Juan les Pins, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2018

Drey98, thanks for letting us know about your stay. Clearly we have not met your expectations and we intend to follow up in every department.

As for reception, this is my sole responsibility and I will make sure the proper information is given, and appropriately (see your comments about pool operating hours, or room changes). My colleague Virginie at Food and Beverage department has discussed the pool issues earlier today with our General Manager and has already shared your review with our colleagues, and mentioned the 4pm versus 6pm BBQ information.

I do remember the 4 nights of the Jazz Festival and I was the one handling the room changes the next Morning with the Tour Guide. I am very sorry for the nuisance, it lasted longer than expected and the hotel being fully booked (July and August are very busy) prevented us from Moving every one the same night.

We are once again very sorry this did not reflect what you expected from us.
Although our teammates are very frequently recognized for being courteous and guest focused, we will not disregard your comments about our attitude and will take all necessary measures, extra efforts and training in order to avoid such expériences again.

Thank you lastly for taking the time to detail your review, it is much appreciated to have precise points from our guests when there is room for improvement.

Philippe