All reviews scott fitzgerald great gatsby la passagere piano bar art deco water ski chief concierge historic hotel french riviera michelin star eden roc south of france beach club sea view small beach cote d'azur wonderful hotel
Reviewed 24 July 2018 via mobile

I visited Juan-Les-pins for a day and having seen photos and read about the town, decided I would like to visit the hotel for a drink with my friend.

The hotel is beautiful, the views are stunning and the drinks are priced exactly as I thought they would be and I enjoyed my glass of champagne.

The only thing that disappointed me a little bit was that we went down to the tables on the water edge and the entire section was empty, but were told weren’t allowed to just have a drink there as it was restaurant only.

If it was a busy day and there were lots of full tables of people eating, then I would totally understand being told this, but it wasn’t, it was very empty and I don’t think it would have been that much of an inconvenience to have allowed us to sit at one of the tables for just half an hour to enjoy a drink.

We then went back up the stairs where it was also empty and had our drink there. Another couple came in and chose to sit at the table besides us which was a table for 4 and they were asked to move because they were not a party of 4. Again, would understand if the bar was busy but it was empty. I just think the bar staff could have chosen their battles better and make the potential customers feel more welcome.

I’ve attached an image I took of the view where you can also clearly see that the tables were empty.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Carlene M
BellesRivesGM, Directeur général at Hotel Belles Rives, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2018

Dear Guest,

first of all we would like to thank you for your review as well as for having chosen the Belles Rives for dinner.

We are sorry to read that despite your appreciation for the place and the location, you got a negative impression.

Nevertheless, we would like to inform you that the tables in all our restaurants are allocated according to the date of the reservation. Basically "first booked, first served".

About the empty tables, at the beach in the evening we have only the restaurant section open. You can easily understand that it is difficult to open a closed space for a drink.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back.

Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

I did not stay, but went to have dinner and watch the Sunset on the amazing terrace. Very pricey but worth every cent. From the sparkling pink champagne, to the piano playing singer, and the Michelin performance of the waiters scurrying with silver plate covers and one offering me magazines to read as I sat alone, the Hotel is a transport to another time and place. It’s the French Riviera the way you want it to be. Magical and dreamy as you imagined F. Scott Fitzgerald felt while he was busy writing the Great Gatsby here. I was lucky enough to tour the rooms even though I did not stay and the best one is facing the Med. I would get a balcony and drink as much pink champagne as possible. And the food was delicious seafood presented and flavored in a memorable, dreaming oh so French manner that I rarely found on the French Riviera. The desert was a fantastic show of fire that became strawberries flambee. And some anise cookies in a pale blue box to take home. A perfect night.

Trip type: Travelled solo
BellesRivesGM, Directeur général at Hotel Belles Rives, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2018

Dear Guest,

first of all we would like to thank you for your review as well as for having chosen the Belles Rives.

We are delighted to read that your dinner and the visit of the hotel were up to your expectations.
Your words are the best present we could receive and have been forwarded to the whole team.

We all look forward to welcoming you back very soon...perhaps for a nice holiday!

Have a great day,

Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

Good things: great Art Deco feel; cool crowd; excellent dinner food; brilliant concierge; terrific location with great walks to Cap d’Antibes; seaview room has fabulous views; very helpful staff.

Not so good: breakfast/lunch service very slow even when not many people there (left the chicken out of the chicken salad!) cocktails in the bar a bit average; room very small for the price; patchy wifi.

Overall: glad we went, not sure we’d go back.

Trip type: Travelled with family
BellesRivesGM, Directeur général at Hotel Belles Rives, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2018

Dear Guest,

first of all we would like to thank you for your review as well as for your comments. Guests'impressions are very important to us as they help us to understand our strong and our weak points.

We are happy to read that you enjoyed our dinner, the concierge services, the location of the Belles Rives and, overall, the team. On the other hand, we are sorry about your consideration on our breakfast and the service at the beach. We have talked with the managers of the related outlets and we send our most sincere apologies. About the wi-fi, this will be upgraded within the end of August.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back and, meanwhile, we remain.

Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed there, the water ski activity.
Their crew is great, professional, patient and pleasant.
I think the guy on the shark was Erik and the young lady Nathalie: congratulations to them for the service provided.
Eager to go back and enjoy their recommandations.

Dear Guest,

on behalf of the whole Belles Rives Crew, we would like to thank you for having chosen our property as well as for your review.

We really appreciate hearing from our guests and your words are the best present we could receive.

Rest assured that all the staff were very proud of your comments, especially Erik and Nathalie.

All together, we look forward to welcomin you back very soon.

Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

We absolutely loved this hotel which was recommended by our travel agent!!!! Every employee that worked there was phenomenal, especially Luca, the concierge. We were traveling with our 3 teens and my cousin. The hotel is old with tons of character and very well maintained. The beach is small but has plenty of lounge chairs and nice sand. Pool boys are cute and provided wonderful service (don’t tell my husband I said that-lol). We loved having breakfast on the patio overlooking the water. Nice and shady. We had dinner at La Passagere one night and everything about the meal was top notch except I didn’t love my pork entree. Not to say someone else might have loved it. I wish we had gotten a chance to eat at La Plage-right on the water. We also didn’t get a chance to use the ski boats. Instead Luca, #1 concierge, helped us arrange a boat charter all the way to Monaco. He even walked us over to the marina to meet the captain. This day trip was a blast. We will have to come back for more than 2 days next time!!

Trip type: Travelled with family
BellesRivesGM, Directeur général at Hotel Belles Rives, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2018

Dear Guest,

wow! Your review is a most wonderful surprise.

We are delighted to read that your stay was filled with so incredible moments. Rest assured that your words have been forwarded to the all team. Luca Enrico, our Head Concierge, thanks personally for your quote. He is also our Head of Rooms and, should you like to come back, he will be glad to ensure that you have another wonderful Holiday.

It is true...you have to stay longer next time :-)!!!

Very truly yours,