“disappointed”

Mercure Cannes Croisette Beach
Ranked #35 of 126 Hotels in Cannes
Reviewed 30 September 2017

Not worth a 4.star hotel
Despite being a client for several years, the standard has gone down.
when I arrived at 14:00 the front desk assured that my room was being cleaned in priority, I waited 3 tours
I carried by baggage by myself with no help, as to when I left, despite a 10 euros tip to the the fellow who parked my car, the fridge did not work, the complimentary water bottle was filled up but it was open which is creepy we were 2 people in the room so I assume we had to share.it which is cheap and the next three days no water bottle.
As for breakfast the pancakes were cold, obviously the staff was overwhelmed, unable to to handle the the amount of clients, the breakfast is not worth what you pay. The bread was stale.
The reception staff except for one man who was embarrassed by the whole situation was unprofessional and just spent more time laughing and making fun of clients.
I will not return.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Maria C
MarionTanielian, Manager at Mercure Cannes Croisette Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Dear NADINE GUIONNET,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Hôtel Mercure Cannes Croisette Beach. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Reviewed 23 September 2017

The 2 of us had a weekend away without the kids, the hotel is a good compromise whilst not directly on the sea front its one road back and you can see the sea from your balcony

Rooms are fine, quite large and a good size bathroom

They do have a beach front area also but its really on works for lunch.

My only thing is why do French hotel staff refuse to smile

Room Tip: 5th or 6th floor
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
MarionTanielian, Manager at Mercure Cannes Croisette Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2017

Dear Stan,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Hôtel Mercure Cannes Croisette Beach.

Reviewed 23 September 2017

Thank you for making us so welcome at Mercure Cannes Croisette Beach for our 3 night stay. Every request was provided in a timely and pleasant manner. Lorenzo at reception was extremely friendly and helpful. We were able to leave our luggage at check in as the room was not ready. Upon return it was already in our room. The room was large with a huge bed with a balcony overlooking the garden and pool. Bathroom well equipped and useful mini bar / fridge. The breakfast was very good especially the omelettes that were cooked to order by a lovely lady.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear valued guest,

Reviewed 6 September 2017

I stayed at Croisette Beach for a week this June for the Cannes Festival of Creativity. I had to make a last minute change and found a room at this hotel. The location was perfect for the festival. Easy walking distance to all festival events, but two blocks in off of the Croisette so it was actually quiet, which was nice at night. The room was modern and clean with a pretty patio and a nice sized modern bathroom and shower. The pool/veranda area was cute and relaxing and there is a private beach area just up the street. Will definitely consider this spot again if I am back for the festival.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
MarionTanielian, Manager at Mercure Cannes Croisette Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

Reviewed 23 August 2017

We have stayed at Mercure hotels that have been good and not so good. Mercure Croisette Beach was outstandingly good – the best Mercure we’ve stayed in and well located towards one end of the Croisette. From the cool spacious entrance area to the well maintained pool area and garden, from the delightful small dining area next to the bar (lunch here was excellent) to the bar area itself, everything was discreetly classy with colourful touches. Our room was light and spacious with a wooden floor, plenty of cupboard space, a large ultra-modern bathroom with motion sensor lighting and a large balcony. Not only were there tea and coffee making facilities but the cups were china, unlike some Mercure hotels which use disposable cups. The breakfast room, another light, airy room on the first floor, offered an impressive buffet and the tables were not crowded together. There was even an omelette station. Every single one of the staff we encountered was extremely helpful, very polite and friendly. We would definitely choose to stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank s3aview
MarionTanielian, Manager at Mercure Cannes Croisette Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2017

Dear Guest,