2,564 results
All reviews majestic barriere private beach sea view room service film festival red carpet star hotel perfect location french riviera large bathroom hotel guests fantastic hotel mini bar cote d'azur per day junior suite palais des festivals
Reviewed 3 April 2018

Just had a few days very enjoyable stay at this hotel. We had a fantastic suite room (free upgrade)..The hotel is perfectly located on the front in Cannes, quite expensive (40 euros for breakfast - gulp), luckily we'd chosen b&b when booking our trip with easy jet.
Great facilities plus very polite and friendly staff.

Stayed: March 2018
Pierre-Louis R, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Majestic Cannes, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Dear MikeHR2014,

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful experience on Tripadvisor!
It's a pleasure to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us and especially our location at the heart of Cannes.

Looking forward to welcoming you again in the near future,

Reviewed 1 April 2018

This is the story of our stay in 2018, March 27-31.

Arrival: We arrive with our rented car and have used the offered valet parking charged with 45,00 € per day.

Very fast we parked the car in front of the entrance and handed over the key. We received a receipt for the car and went to the check in at the reception.

Check-In:

I presented the prepaid booking confirmation and passports.

Then the female receptionist asked for my credit card and wanted to make a pre authorized booking of an not named amount to block money from my credit card.

I have rejected this wish and now the female supervisor appeared.

She explained that she will not charge money. After asking her : " And you also do not want to block money from my credit card?"

Then I got the confirmation that she wanted to block money without still giving the information about the amount of money what she wanted to block from my credit card.

I have rejected this wish and informed the staff that I do not accept it.

Her answer was that it is the policy of the hotel to do that.

Of course this is not mentioned on the website of the hotel.

I still rejected their wish and offered to make a copy of my credit card.

After 10 minutes of discussions and negotiations it was accepted and I got the keycard for the room.

I got told where the lift/elevator is located and we got on the run and searched for our room.

Next to reception you can see the signboard at the wall: Best Hotel of France 2011.

To search for your room: Does this belongs to the award: Best Hotel of France?

Then we found our room: 521 with seaview.

The room is small and has a balcony of about 3 sqm!! On this balcony the hotel put a very cheap plastic table in the size of about 80 x 80 cm. There were also 2 plastic chairs.

And now the biggest joke I have every seen in my life. Because of the small size of the balcony and opposite the big size of the plastic table nobody (!) could sit on even one chair and was also unable to reach the chair!

I took a picture and hope that soon it will be published and can be seen!

After waiting 15 minutes I have called the reception and asked to send our luggage to our room.
The room has a very small bathroom with a separate shower room and a bathtub.

The walls do not (!) have natural stones or even granite or marble stones. It is nothing more than a plastic surface painted in white. It is looking more like washable paper. It is not a wallpaper. Even the public toilet in the the cellar of this hotel has marble stones at the walls!

The toilet is separated with a door. The toilet paper is a 2 layer!

On the small table in the room you will find an ashtray with the advise:
" Smoking is forbidden!"

Why not removing the ashtray when in is forbidden to smoke in the room?

On arrival you get information about the internet access.

Of course it was not done in written form. So keep it in mind or forget it. That is almost unimportant.

Important is that you are only allowed to get internet access for free for one (1) day with 1 Mbps.

After that one day you can apply for it and get charged or you can apply as a guest and not as a resident!

On arrival we also got 1 small (!) bottle of mineral water to share (=0,2l) and another small bottle of juice to share.

Of course the hotel is also offering a turn down service for the bed/room.

Within a period of 4 days the staff always appeared after 10:00 p.m and mostly at 10:30 p.m.

One day the staff was ringing at the door at 10:20 p.m. for the turn down service.

After my complaint at the manager on duty the staff has been in the room and put 2 small bottles of water (0,2l) in the room and added 2 small pieces of chocolate.

But -like the name says - the turn down service in the sense of this duty was not done at all.

Maybe the management should define what is the sense of this and what needs to be done for it.

Only putting a piece of chocolate and a bottle of water into the room is not enough!

Then another funny thing: The room mate or cleaning lady has closed one (out of 2!) of the blinds in front of the window. Why only one out of two?

After complaining at the concierge that we cannot use the balcony because of the big table and chairs the chairs were exchanged and we got 2 chairs for children!!

Breakfast in the restaurant:

We have had the first breakfast (out of 4 days) on Wednesday, 28th.

On arrival at the entrance we were asked for our room number. After naming it we got asked: "Breakfast for one?"
We got irritated because the hotel has a booking for the listed room number for 2 people!
After informing her we needed to wait 5 minutes and the got guided from a young lady to the next entrance in front of the restaurant.

There we needed to wait another 3 minutes in front of the the restaurant.

We thought that the restaurant is fully occuppied at 10:10 a.m. and that this is the reason for the waiting time.

Then -after waiting another 3 minutes - we got guided into the restaurant to a free table. But two surprises:

20 tables were free!! But we got guided to a table where now, upon our arrival, a waiter put table cloth on the table. And he has almost thrown the cutlet on the table.

He does not cared about the rules how to put it on the table.

I took a picture and hope it will be published by TripAdvisor.

All other free tables also were not prepared!

From my point of view this is a no go! All tables need to be prepared right in time before (!) breakfast opening hours will start.

Then we tried to take our breakfast.
We saw that most cold cuts, cheese, salmon, sushi (!) water, juice, bread was not (!!) refilled.

This was not a single case and has always happened over a period of 4 days!

The next important thing was to see, why none of the staff has removed dirty plates or finished meals from our and other tables.

A waitress was standing directly near our table and was preparing the tables for lunch or dinner.

This happened very often. Why is it permanently impossible to remove plates when people have finished their meals?

Why is it impossible to prepare tables for lunch or dinner when the guest have finished their breakfast?

Why does not nobody feels able to organize all of this?
One day a waiter came to our table after we were sitting 30 minutes with our finished breakfast and he asked us : " Are you satisfied?" Then he went away without removing the empty or dirty plates.

I want to point out that there was always enough staff in the restaurant! But the complete staff and work is badly organized!

Then on one day a guest has asked a waitress (age about mid of 40 years, blond hair with a pony tail) to bring him something.

I was unable to hear excactly what he wanted to get. But what we saw was unbelieveable. She has rolled her eyes about his wish!

Both of us have seen it!

The last day of our stay and departure day, March, 31 st, we needed to sit in the lounge to have breakfast.

Of course no waiter appeared to ask for coffee.
After 10 minutes sitting and waiting the lady from the entrance desk came to ask about our wishes. I ordered my coffee.

10 minutes later the coffee still has not arrived. So I have informed her that she should care about it.

Plates were not refilled or available. The bottles of Champagne needed to be opened from the guests. Glasses also were not refilled.

This is another example how badly it is organized. All of the staff is only working in the main restaurant.
When there is not enough space or free tables then it should be organized that the guests, sitting inside the lobby, also should get served!

Very often we also saw that a group of the staff was standing together to hold a small talk without caring about the guests.

The groups were up to 3-5 waiters!

Very often identically the same waiters have passed the tables up to 5 times without serving other guests or removing finished plates from the tables.

One day a waiter was standing in front of the entrance holding an empty (!) dinner tray and the guests were almost unable to pass him.

Then the last day of our stay has arrived.

Check Out:

There was no question about being satisfied with our stay. There was no wish that we should return.

First we should pay. Then we have asked the receptionist, that -before paying- we wanted to see and check the bill!

This procedure should be normal: First to present the bill for controlling and then to ask the guest for paying the bill and not opposite!

So we informed the staff at the concierge desk that they should store our luggage because we wanted to leave the hotel at 1:45 p.m.

We returned to the hotel. It was raining cats and dogs (heavy rainfall) and surprise:

A Security man in the garden, 20 meter in front of the hotel, asked us to open our bags for security control.
Although I have informed him that we are guests of the hotel we needed to open the bags while it was raining hard.

We have had no umbrellas and got very wet.

But what is the sense of this control when it is not done in a professional way?

Only to open a bag or handbag is not enough! Then -if this should make sense- it is necessary to check the bags completely careful.

This was not done!

And now the next final nightmare happened.

We went to the concierge, presented our luggage receipt and asked for our luggage and for our parked car.

Only to remind you: We paid 45 € per day for valet parking.

We were informed that the car will arrive at once including our luggage.

After 10 minutes I became nervous because we needed to refill the tank of the car and to return it to the car rental station at the airport and to be at the airport right in time to catch our flights.

So I reminded them for the delivery of the car. We got informed that all will be done at once.

Then we got asked where is the luggage although we got informed that it is already outside.

After another 5 minutes one of the staff came into the hotel to ask us about our car and brand!
We have informed him and he went out again.

This game and procedure took place 3 times!

Then I went out and saw that 4 men of the staff were searching for the car key and were unable to find it. After searching another 5-10 minutes the car and key finally was found.

All of this was lasting about 25-30 minutes!

In my whole life this never has happened before.

My subjective personal rating:

Room: 2-3 points

Room mates/cleaning staff: 2 points

Organisation: 1 point

Breakfast quality and choice: 3 points

Valet parking: 1-2 points (45 € per day)

Internet: 1 point

Ambiance of the hotel in general: 4 points

Check Out: 1-2 points

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank AlsterHamburg
Pierre-Louis R, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Majestic Cannes, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Dear AlsterHamburg,

Thank you for sharing your experience following your recent stay at the Hotel Barrière Le Majestic Cannes and for your constructive comments.
My teams and I are disappointed to read that, unfortunately, we did not meet your expectations on this occasion. Our goal is to provide exceptional service and a tailored experience to all of our guests, and it seems that, in spite of our efforts, your stay with us was tarnished by a few service faults.

I would like to assure you that each and every one of the matters you have raised have been discussed with the head of departments concerned and appropriate actions with our teams have been implemented. We take your comments very seriously and I will personally ensure that none of the above issues happen again.

Once again, thank you for your detailed feedback. I do hope that, should you visit us again, we will be able to make amends for your stay, and provide a flawless experience, one that truly reflects our philosophy of delivering a Majestic experience.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Just returned home what a place 5 stars .luxary it was .very classy place rooms stunning free bathrobes slippers .mini bar was a bit pricy .beach across the road .we didnt eat at the reastarant but looked 1st class would recomend it to anyone to try .staff couldnt do enough for you .nothing to much trouble .

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Janice J
Pierre-Louis R, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Majestic Cannes, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Dear Janice J,

I would like to thank you for your 5-star review following your last stay at the Hotel Barriere Le Majestic Cannes.

What a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your very classy room ! Also, we are happy that you appreciated all the kindness you have been carefully handled.

We hope to welcome you back and you will have the opportunity to taste our beach restaurant "Bfire" by Mauro Colagreco.

Pierre-Louis RENOU

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

This hotel is the best hotel in south of France
The staff are all so helpful, friendly and polite, especially the concierge Thierry, hes just the nicest gentleman you can meet, nothing is too much for him.
The hotel itself is simply beautiful in every way,
From the moment you arrive the outside is stunning, then you walk through the doors and just say WOW.
We got a fast speedy check in. The rooms are Amazing, we had the pleasure in having Prestige sea view room with a balcony. 7ft bed (the bed was so soft and the pillows were amazing soft with luxurious bedding), 2 x bedside cabinets, 2 chairs and table, dressing table and chair, TV, coffee machine, kettle, mini fridge, off the hallway was a safe, 2 x double wardrobes, seperate toilet and beday a bathroom with shower, double sinks, full bath with another over shower, hairdryer, toilettries, dressing gowns and slippers
On our balcony we had 2 x chairs and table to sit and watch the day go buy. The pool was large and lovely bars in different shapes around the pool area.
The food in the hotel was so tasty and freshly cooked to your taste. The service was excellent at all times. If we ever go back to Cannes, I would never stay anywhere else, but HERE.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Pierre-Louis R, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Majestic Cannes, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear SmartTraveller1956

We are very grateful that you took some time to review your recent experience at the hotel Barrière Le Majestic Cannes.
Your words of praise bout our teams and especially Thierry are very much appreciated and a wonderful reward!

I am delighted to read that everything from your room, to our restaurants, to our staff went beyond your expectations.

Should you visit us again, I recommend you try out our B fire restaurant on our private beach, I'm sure you will love it.

Looking forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you again,

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

We are currently on our last night in the Majestic, wrapping up a 3 day stay in Cannes. We’ve been on the road 2 weeks now and in a number of hotels - so far this is the absolute best - and I honestly can say one of the top hotels I’ve ever stayed at. Staff is attentive, efficient, polite and always with a smile and bonjour to us. Every question or concern has been addressed. Just had our room turned down for the night and once again so very pleased with the service. Breakfast, can’t say enough about how great it was. So many choices from sushi to macaroons! Of course with all the usual breakfast selections too. My son was thrilled with the chocolate bars and cookies that he managed to grab a couple extra for snacks later in the day! We had a couple of great rooms booked, but they upgraded one to a suite and we are thrilled. Mom and I spent the afternoon lounging by the pool, too cold to swim yet, but it was wonderful to relax on the lounges in the sun. First night in I got a big hug from my husband thanking me for booking here. Thank you to the Majestic for upping the game and making us Canadians so welcome!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Lynne B
Pierre-Louis R, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Majestic Cannes, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2018

Dear Lynne B,

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful experience on Tripadvisor and for your words of praise.
All of us are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us here at The Hotel Barrière Le Majestic and honored to be the best hotel you have stayed at during your trip. We take pride in providing the most attentive service and deliver unforgettable moments to our valued guests. It's a pleasure to have exceeded your expectations.

It warms my heart to read that your husband thanked you for booking Hotel Barrière Le Majestic. have you experienced a romantic dinner at our restaurant La Petite Maison de Nicole? Should you visit us again, I thoroughly recommend it.

Looking forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you again,