See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

If you're looking for a place to dump your bags and explore the location is brilliant. If you would like somewhere to relax after a day at the beach or shopping the rooms are adequate not I wouldn't say inviting. There is also a lot of noise from surrounding clubs so if you aren't going to be out all night might not be for you. Really depends on what you're looking for.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank towalkinvisible
Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

We are very pleased that we found this tiny and very well kept hotel just 3 minutes from the beach promenade. The manager is very welcoming and accommodating, always smiling and full of helpful tips. Our room was tiny but equipped with everything we needed. It had a comfortable bed, air conditioner, TV, bed lamps, spotless ensuite with large mirror. The optional breakfast for €4 includes fresh brewed coffee, tea or hot chocolate, a fresh roll with butter, cream cheese, and other cheeses, orange juice, two fresh mini pastries and jam. We had our choice of yogurt or applesauce. An excellent low budget choice!! We would be happy to stay here again.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

Hotel Alize has the enviable position of being a block away from the Palais, and I mean the very entrance of Palais itself. For Cannes delegates and festivalgoers, this is all you will ever need. I was always on time for screenings, meetings, and had time to spare for a croisette beach walk, cafe, or shopping. The hotel is literally surrounded by bars humming with crowds, but miraculously, the hotel rooms are quiet at all times. Shopping at the croisette is of course a block away, and turn the other way, and Rue de Antibes provides alternative boutiques from the dizzying Vuittons. As a Catholic, I had the extra convenience of a church within a stone's throw.

The rooms are basic, but comfortable, great air, and strong air-conditioning (Cannes summer heat is something else: humid one day, drizzly the next, steamy in the rest). Breakfast gives me all I need: coffee, tea, cereals, fruit, cheese, meats, breads, juice, yogurt, jam, too basic perhaps so I just buy extra treats from Monoprix nearby.

But the best part is the extra thoughtful reception led by the always helpful and smiling Cedric. I've had nonexistent reception in some trips, and the marble-cold ones at the Majestic, and so Cedric is an absolute life saver.

The room prices are a steal, but the lobby is 2 square meters so this is not a place to lounge around to meet. So if you are after getting the deals done at the Palais, which is what Cannes is for, and not really after the glam display which is what Majestic is for, then Alize suits you fine.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 10 September 2016

My second stay at this brilliant boutique hotel, which has become a personal favourite. Again I chose this hotel over more 'prestigious' options for its authentic charm and truly caring approach. It also has the added bonus of being the best location in Cannes! It feels like being a guest at a Bed & Breakfast and thankfully the breakfast coffee was as good as I'd remembered. Quaint & quiet, so a good night's sleep is assured.

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank James T
Reviewed 24 August 2016 via mobile

For a one night stop over with our 11 year old daughter this hotel was a great choice. It is budget so we were prepared; comfy beds, spartan, clean, quiet, nothing missing, in a brilliant location and the staff fantastically helpful. We had a car and parking can be expensive but a few lots not far away, it's France, parking is difficult!

Date of stay: July 2016