“Clean hotel but some disappointments...” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Novotel Cannes Montfleury

Novotel Cannes Montfleury
Ranked #38 of 126 Hotels in Cannes
Scotland UK
“Clean hotel but some disappointments...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2012

Stayed at Novotel Montfleury for a week in July. Clean, modern hotel, staff very friendly. Room ok a bit small, could do with a freshen up as does bathroom. Good sized balcony. Excellent breakfast with choice of everything. Room service quick, nice food.

Now for the not so good points! The cost of stay was quite high and so we were very disappointed that we had to book and pay 8euros a day for a sunbed by the pool, this was not mentioned anywere at time of booking. Pool towels provided when you show your card, which we used to sunbathe in garden area, which alot of people seemed to do. Drinks expensive. Snacks on display at reception extremely overpriced, when the same are available in supermarket 5mins away!

Short walk to the Croisette. Free shuttle bus available although we did not use this service.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank weemogs_12
Eric R, Directeur général at Novotel Cannes Montfleury, responded to this review, 29 August 2012
Thank you for answering our questionnaire. I appreciate the time you took to share the problems you encountered during your stay.

Firstly, please allow me to say how sorry I am that these issues affected your satisfaction during your stay in my hotel.

Concerning rates for sunbed, your are right, this is 8 euros for a day per person since 2004 but at the same time you have a free access to the garden area. Moreover, Novotel Cannes Montfleury is the only hotel proposing a free parking in Cannes and we are at 10 minutes by walk from the beach.

We have a free shuttle that brings our guest to La Croisette in less then 6 minutes.

Be sure that your nice comments about the staff and their services will be transmitted.

General Manager Novotel Cannes Montfleury

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2012 via mobile

I was a little hesitant to book this hotel based on its location. I decided to go for it despite the worry and was pleased with my choice. It is up a hill from the center of town but it's a quick walk and very pleasant. The room was clean and had a large balcony. I think the bathrooms could use a little updating but I would recommend this hotel.

Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
Thank you for answering our questionnaire. I appreciate the time you took to share your opininion about your stay.

Concerning location, Novotel Cannes Montfleury is the only hotel proposing a free parking in Cannes and we are at only 10 minutes by walk from the beach. Moreover, we have a free shuttle that brings our guest to La Croisette in less then 6 minutes.

Be sure that your nice comments about the staff and their services have been transmitted.

Best Regards,

Eric Rajaud
Hartlepool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2012

We spend 3 lovely days at the Novotel in Cannes on a roadtrip through France and Switzerland. We were accompanied by our two children aged 12 and 10. The hotel was very clean and the staff were lovely. The location is about a 15 minute walk to the beach and centre which really isnt far. As with anywhere in Cannes the drinks are expensive and you have to pay for your sunbed around the pool, 5 euro for half a day, but I suppose it saves fighting over the beds. My only complaint was the depth of the pool, its over 2 metres in places and 1.6 metres at its shallowest, which is fine for older children but the younger ones may panic in the deep water. Apart from that we enjoyed our stay and would go back.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for answering our questionnaire. I appreciate the time you took to share your opinion about your stay.

Antwerp, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2012

We stayed in the hotel for a fortnight and although the hotel needs some renovation this didn't deprive us from having an excellent time.
The room was excellent and very clean with a view on the swimming pool and the bay.
The staff was composed of very smart and helpful people, listening very careful to our needs and trying to find quick solutions.
The general director, Mr. E. Arjaud, and the front desk manager, Mr. F. Wendt were omnipresent in their hotel, talking to their clients as their friend.
The free underground parking is a real "present from heaven" in Cannes.
Food was excellent. Breakfast choices are huge. Restaurant was excellent and moderately priced, offering every day full menu options.
We'll certainly return to this hotel.

Room Tip: Try to book your holiday through a travel agent and try to book a room on the pool side.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank viviane d
Thank you for answering our questionnaire.

Leeds, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2012

Basic hotel - be wary of the promotional material describing the pool and drinks area - not quite the same in real life! Also be aware that you also have to reserve AND PAY 8 EUROS PER DAY for the sunbeds round the pool.The reception staff were pleasent enough but the attitude of the manager when we queried why we could still not check in at 3.45pm despite the the fact that check in was meant to be at 2pm was appalling. He basically said it was tough, he would not consider giving us any sort of compensation and then he walked away from us mid conversation and hid! I would not go back to this hotel and I would not suggest it to friends and family.

Room Tip: Rooms that sleep 3 people consist of a double and a slim camp/hospital bed.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Tinny81
Eric R, Directeur général at Novotel Cannes Montfleury, responded to this review, 17 August 2012
Firstly, please allow me to say how sorry I am that some issue affected your satisfaction during your stay in the hotel.
Please be assured, that I will do my utmost to provide an appropriate follow up to your comments and I will make sur that the staff have an appropriate speach et attitude towards our guests.
I do hope that, despite these issues, we will be able to welcome you again as a client of Novotel.

Frédéric WENDT
Front office manager

Travellers are raving about these Cannes hotels