“Nice, but spoilt by overpriced extras”
Review of Le Cosi

Le Cosi
Ranked #139 of 848 Restaurants in Cannes
Price range: USD 27 - USD 90
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 27 August 2017

I have just eaten there tonight. It has a well laid out and interesting menu which is quite reasonable value. I had a vegetarian meal for 32 euros. The decor is of a high standard. The staff were friendly and the service was excellent. Portion sizes were good and the food was served without a long wait before courses. They brought the bill promptly when I asked for it. I had a nice leisurely meal and was probably in there for a bit over an hour and a half. I should have been delighted with it, yet somehow it missed its mark for me and I wasn't.

I would have liked a glass of wine, but the menu only showed full bottles and half bottles. The waiter said they did do single glasses and he brought me a very nice Sauterne. This cost ten euros which I think was excessive. I decided not to order water at eight euros for 100ml. Similarly, whilst I sometimes like to finish a good meal with an Irish coffee, I thought that 16 euros was excessive. My 32 Euro meal with wine and a cup of tea eventually came to 47 euros. Was it worth nearly 50 euros / pounds for this meal? In my opinion, it was not.

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

Looks like a lovely place. The food was amazing had steak and one of the best I have had and nice sides. But the service was a bit slack and took a long time but apart from that it was so lovely
Would definitely recommend

Reviewed 30 March 2017

Réservé à la dernière minute, mais parfaitement assumé une grande honnêteté française nous a accueilli.
The service and kitchen have done a great job, everything was done in perfect time management, from aperitive, wine, menu, amuse bouche, dishes, dessert, coffee, until the finish in the pearls of champagne.

Reviewed 23 October 2016 via mobile

We had a fixed menu dinner for 32 euros per person: vegetarian and traditional. Both were excellent and included 4 course menu. We loved every dish that was served to us - It was very tasty and beautifully served. The service was also very good - Definitely worth recommending this restaurant. I hope to get there again :)

Reviewed 6 October 2016 via mobile

Third time three year in a row we take business partners to Cosi. Great service cozy tables nice choice of wines and good menu. The fish was not up to standard so they immediately changed it (first time it happens) but everyone else had delicious foie gras! I recommend it among the Suquet restaurants