“Great place”

Ranked #601 of 847 Restaurants in Cannes
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

Great little restaurant. Good food and wine. Owner does not speak much English but we seemed to understand each other fine. Went back next day. Mussels and escargot are great there.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

One time I had a very well cooked Dorada fish on the grill and next time a very tasty and pretty large pizza. Keep doing what you do, you do it right !

Reviewed 3 May 2017

Visited for dinner and had a fixed menu at 19Eu from memory. The selection looked interesting but didn't deliver that well to our expectations. It was just ok. Nothing to complian about and certainly not the best. As it was not too warm we chose to sit inside and it felt rather lonely there was only us and another party of 3 who ate quickly and left.
What kept us interested was the sole member of staff (efficient and friendly) who seemed to be doing all the work whilst another lady hovered by the napkins and sorted them from time to time. What annoyed me was she kept stroking her hair, touching her face then handling bread baskets and cutting the bread. Nice.
Took ages to get the bill. Value OK. With so much choice in Cannes I wouldn't return. We didn't have pizza - pity.Have had better food for less.

Reviewed 11 January 2017

We first found this restaurant when our boys were very young, about 15 years ago! We try and return when we come to Cannes. The Pizzas are excellent, thin, crispy, tasty, lots of choice. The owners have been the same all this time and are so welcoming. This year, we returned in June, as a couple, and enjoyed several lazy lunches and a bottle of the local refreshing cold, dry, Rose.

It is located in Rue Meynadier, a very old street that is full of lovely traditional tall French buildings, with little cafes and restaurants underneath. It is next to the famous Forville Market, and very close to both bus and train stations, or parking. You can walk along the Marina or the Croissette very easily from here, or just wander around the town.

Reviewed 31 December 2016

Before heading home, my family and I were strolling in the Rue Meynadier and were looking for a nice place for lunch, one which would accept pets. We settled on this place.

Location: at the end of rue Meynadier heading towards the Suquet. Right in the busy area of Cannes.

Quality: my wife and I chose the menu of the day. The starter was a Terrine, a sort of paté, served with a small salad. The paté was a bit bland, but still good. Not much dressing on the greens, therefore not so much flavor on the salad. The main entree was "sauté de veau", a sort of veal stew, served in a delicious and rich sauce and spaghetti noodles. It was very good and the portion size was more than adequate. My daughter chose the "Moules Marinières", mussels served in a wine broth, which came with fries. She said it was also quite good. Our menu came with dessert. My wife chose the crème brulée, and I chose the chocolate fondant cake. The créme brulée tasted fine. The fondant was a bit bland, and so was the créme anglaise which accompanied it.

Service: We were pleasantly greeted and offered to sit inside with the dogs, if we wanted. As the weather, even for December, was very nice and warm, we chose to sit outside. A very friendly lady was asking us about our dogs (we have Galgos :-) ) and I was waiting for her to ask if we wanted a drink to start, but she actually worked in the restaurant next door! The lady finally came to take our oder,and everything went well. The two people there (man and woman) were visibly the owners. They were friendly and efficient about their tasks.

Price: this place is quite on par with most restaurants in that area, with a menu starter price around 15 euros, and usually another menu choice around 25 euros. 3 of us with an orangina and a half liter of wine, and the bill came to 58 euros. Not too bad, given the area.

Overall, we had a nice lunch and were appreciative that we could be there with our dogs. This restaurant does not necessarily stand out from the many others in the area. However, next time we are in the area, want to sit outside, and the menu offering interest us, I would eat there again. Enjoy!