All reviewsno liftflights of stairstrain stationgreat locationthe main streettourist officeclothes hangerslovely courtyardthe air conditioning worksinternal courtyardhuge bathroombreakfast arealower floorreception deskbed was comfortabledecent hotelnice room
Reviewed 25 June 2018

Nice room. Hotel is really well located, within walking distance to the train station one way, and to the Papal palace in the other direction. Staff was pleasant enough. But, very thin walls. I could hear everything from my neighbor using the bathroom to the late comers and the early risers. Good for one night, but that's probably it.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Hôtel Central A, Réceptionniste at Hotel Central, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2018

Dear Ada,
we thank you for your positive comments, and are pleased that you enjoyed our hotel.
When you come back to see us, do not miss to compare our different categories of rooms to find the one that best meets your expectations.
Looking forward to seeing you soon.

Best regards,
Xavier TRIQUET.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

We stayed here, as I'm sure that everyone else does, because we had an early TGV heading to Paris. On the plus side, it is located very close to town and the train station. The downside for me is the price/quality ratio. I usually draw the line when the door to the room hits the bed. The front desk staff was quite helpful and friendly. My problem is with the price asked. My suggestion would be to spend another 20 or 30 bucks or so and get something a little bit more memorable. Trust me, after all the money most people have spent on their holidays in the south of France, this will not be a deal breaker, and it'll leave you with some fond memories of what is a lovely town to spend the night. I would definitely stay in Avignon again, but I doubt it would be here.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank patten36
Philippe L, Responsable réception at Hotel Central, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2018

Dear Patten36,

I am sorry that our establishment could have disappointed you.
We have several room categories: classic rooms 12m2, superior rooms 15m2, privilege rooms> 25m2
We practice very competitive prices on our smaller rooms. Rooms that still offer great benefits: upscale bed recommended for 4-star hotel, tv, bathroom, toilet, toiletries line Durance.
We hope that you will keep, despite this, a good memory of your trip to Avignon.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 11 January 2018 via mobile

Stayed one night in this little Gem of a hotel...perfect location, able to stroll to stroll to all the sites, surrounded by awesome restaurants, right in the shopping area and the old town! Rooms are clean, oversized and have a tasteful but quite colourful decorated vibe. Love the little breakfast area and internal courtyard. All in all we would highly recommend!!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Philippe L, Responsable réception at Hotel Central, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2018

Dear Michelle,

The satisfaction of our customers is our engine. Thank you very much for your very encouraging comment.

Best Regards,

Mathilde

Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

Hotel Central is 5 minutes' walk from the Central train station in Avignon. It id wothin 10-15 minutes walk to the Papal Palace and the Avignon Bridge.
The manager, Phillipe, is a soft spoken and very pleasant guy who is very accommodating. I asked to be moved to another room with a better courtyard view and Philippe graciously assigned me another room. Laundry is very reasonable.
The hotel rate is a great value for one's money.
I chose the option without breakfast since I am sure the cost of breakfast is more reasonable outside of hotels ( in general)

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 October 2017

Minor issues: maid "forgot" to service room on first day (maybe had not been told to do so?) and consistently refused to replace used hospitality tray. Lack of training and I think inattention to detail. Could do better.
Didn't do breakfast as plenty of alternatives close by, cheaper.
Very nice room and nicely decorated.
Location: ideal for railway and close to all the sights.
Best wishes to ace bar guy, Benjamin and I hope his Montpellier dream comes true.
Thanks guys.

Room Tip: If you have mobility issues make this clear when booking, as it is a bit of warren of stairs and narrow corridors/ accesses.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family