Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Bayjb
Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Good centrally located hotel

Review of Régina Hôtel
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 10 June 2024
Stayed at the Regina for three nights in a double room. Unfortunately, I fell ill while I was there and the hotel was a nice place to relax and just rebound.

First, it's a great location. Easy access from the TGV bus and the sights of the city. Really walkable to everywhere and close to a Carrefour, sandwich shop, and plenty of restaurants.

Staff was nice and the property uses a QR code to access the room and main doors. That takes some getting used to but is fine once you get the hang of it.

The rooms are clean and decent size (for European standards). But my room was a bit shabby and dated. Again, not really what it looks like in photos. There were holes in the walls of the bathroom, tears in the wallpapering and just some stuff looked a bit dated.

That was a bit disappointing given other rooms looked more up to date.

You are on a main road so on weekends, it is loud. As it can be in the hallways of the hotel. Not too obtrusive but just be prepared.

Wifi signal was great and I had no issues.

Despite the room shabbiness, I would stay again and I would recommend it.
Date of stay: June 2024
  • Novotel
    AU$231
0.7 km from Régina Hôtel
Pool
La vue depuis notre terrasse panoramique
    AU$104
1.2 km from Régina Hôtel
Fitness centre
View more hotels in Avignon
All reviews the main street train station great location breakfast room small balcony easy walk old town two nights lovely room lovely hotel public parking stayed longer comfortable rooms quiet at night nice breakfast minute walk hotel is located
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 May 2024

Last month, my wife and I spent a full week at this hotel. The location and the staff were the best aspects of our stay. We were happy with the help received booking restaurants, finding sites, and answering many questions.

Our room (201) was very clean, extremely quiet, of good size, and fitted with a nice comfy bed. It also had a nice charming balcony with a side-street view. We appreciated the daily change of towels and toiletries. A QR code opening-mechanism had been recently installed to enter the room, but it did not work well for us. It worked only a couple of times. Luckily, we could still use old-fashion keys.

The breakfast buffet was not the best we ever encountered. It had all the basic ingredients of European Breakfasts, but lacked in selection and variety. We enjoyed the sliced fresh fruit and the coffee maker every day.

There was one aspect of our room which we really disliked. The bathroom was of very odd shape, fitted in a rectangular space behind the bed. The overall dimensions were about 12 feet long by 2 1/2 width. The space taken by the bathroom fixtures (sink, toilet, shower), left just a few inches to walk from the door to the shower. Particularly bothersome was the toilet seat which left perhaps no more than 5 inches between the edge of it and the wall. Obviously, when seated on it, it was necessary to splay your legs or to sit sideways. Anyone over, lets say, 6 feet 3 inches tall would have serious problems.

The shower space was also very small, making it difficult bend and walk in and out of it. We paid a rate of about 140 euros/night, which we feel is expensive considering the characteristics of this hotel.

Date of stay: April 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2023 via mobile

I love this hotel. It was exceptional. I got sick during my trip. We got to Avignon late in evening and took some medicine on an empty stomach. I immediately started feeling a terrible anxiety, so I went downstairs to the lobby and ask for some yogurt to Philippe, the receptionist. He immediately gave me some and apple sauce. I started feeling so much better after eating that. Thank you so much to him!!!! Elizabeth is also great. She speaks several languages and I was able to practice my language skills with her. The room was super clean, same with bathrooms. They cleaned them every day. I read the bad review from that lady and the room smelling like smoke. This lady sounds like what we in the United States call a Karen. Yes, that lady is a real Karen. What an embarrassment. I would say to her to treat others the way she wants to be treated. If I had been the hotel owner, I had called the police to had taken her away from my property. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with this hotel, and breakfast was amazing!!!! If I ever go back to Avignon, I’ll stay there again for sure

Room tip: Perfect location. You can walk there from train station.
Date of stay: August 2023
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 29 April 2023 via mobile

The twin superior room was spacious and clean. The bathroom however, had a tiny plastic shower and the bathroom smelled moldy or musty. The bathroom was the only negative for me. We faced the street but it was quiet at night. Great location and really helpful, kind staff. Nice breakfast for the money.

Date of stay: April 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 October 2022

There are three fantastic aspects of this hotel: location, breakfast, and staff. All of the staff are super friendly especially the women who run the breakfast. Location iis perfect for seeing the sites, restaurants and shopping. It’s dead center for what you want to see and do. The breakfast was one of the best I have had in hotels recently. 10-15 different confitures to try. Really nice spread especially for the price. Only disappointment was my room. It was on a corner which was nice, good size for a single, but the furniture was pretty banged up with chipped paint. I looked at pictures online of other rooms and they seemed to be in much better condition than mine which felt run-down. Bathroom was nice and in good condition. Room was very clean. In-room coffee pot was welcomed.

Date of stay: September 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 10 September 2022

This is a lovely Hotel…I was lucky to have a Cnr room with 2 large opening windows onto the street….The bed was comfy the shower plentiful.
The position of the hotel is superb ..right where you want it to be…
The couple who run it also own it ..& were really helpful.
Hygiene here is high..particularly in the breakfast room…others could take note of the simple practices that actually make a difference.
The breakfast is plentiful with really good variety & nice & fresh.
Unfortunately I only had two nights..but would not go anywhere else.I just loved it.

Room tip: Corner Rooms are on the Street ,However I did not find it noisy
Date of stay: August 2022