Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Tripman66
Virginia, U.S.A.

Great Experience

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 21 May 2024
Lovely hotel. We had tea in their lobby dining area after a fascinating but tiring trip through the Popes’ Palace. The waiter and the young ladies assisting him could not have been more kind and welcoming. The tea was excellent and the pastries were incredible. The front desk called a taxi to take us to the railway station even though we were not guests at the hotel. The hotel has a refined atmosphere with a sophisticated sense of service known to previous generations but rarely seen today.
Date of stay: April 2024
    AU$122
    AU$131
8.6 km from Hôtel La Mirande
View more hotels in Avignon
All reviews pope's palace gourmet restaurant beautiful hotel narrow streets beautiful room south of france euros artwork pape cheese
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 April 2024 via mobile

Amazing staff. Rooms are exquisitely detailed and large. This hotel at one time was the Cardinal’s residence. Beautiful gardens. Across from Pope’s Palace with views of the ancient walls. Many common area rooms to relax and beautiful breakfast room.

Room tip: Take a taxi or private driver around hotel. Streets are narrow and special passes are needed to navigate old city Avignon.
Date of stay: April 2024
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 January 2024

My husband and I had the absolute pleasure of staying at La Mirande for three nights in December 2023. It has been my dream for many years to stay at La Mirande. And La Mirande did not disappoint in fact it far exceeded our expectations! The hotel is perfectly located right next to the Palais des Papes. The hotel itself is absolutely stunning understated elegance at its best. The rooms are beautifully decorated with lovely furnishings and sumptuous Pierre Frey fabrics. We stayed in room 20 which we just loved. The housekeeping was impeccable with day and evening service. The breakfast buffet was plentiful and delicious. We also enjoyed Afternoon Tea. We had all three dinners at “La Salle à Manger” which we thoroughly enjoyed. I think my husband would have been open to trying other places but I never wanted to leave the hotel. Next time I would love to try the Michelin starred “Le Restaurant” which wasn’t open the days we stayed there and the La “Table Haute”. I would also love to take one of the cooking courses that La Mirande offers.
The hotel arranged a pick up from the train station and we were met by Pauline who was so engaging and was amazing at navigating the tiny streets. The hotel also arranged for Pauline to take us to Arles, Nîmes and the Pont de Gard-a great excursion. The first person who we met at the hotel was Anthony Trotin who was so personable, professional and helpful. We also met another Anthony, Margot, Guillaume and Célia. I am sorry I can’t remember everyone’s name but everyone we encountered at La Mirande was accommodating, gracious and professional. It was a dream to be able to stay at La Mirande and we will definitely be back!

Date of stay: December 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 November 2023 via mobile

Came specially as recommended for a nice afternoon tea in front of a lovely fire in the living room. Unfortunately the waiter said it wouldn’t be possible to be lit as the manager is absent!
Lovely old world charm to hotel.
Nice tea and panetonne anyway!

Date of stay: November 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 November 2023

We were really looking forward to having afternoon tea here to celebrate our twins 9th birthday. Positives. I loved my tea melange mirande. Very cosy with the fire place. Things I can look beyond. Furniture (chairs etc) all very dated and worn; it could be considered cozy and authentic. Things I can not overlook. Customer service was non existent! No welcome. No menus offered. No customers there yet all the tables in the lounge had dirty glasses etc on the tables. I had to ask the reception desk for the hotel if anyone was working in the tea room. After complaining and getting service we were served. No explanation of the cakes we were eating or the drinks. Really really disappointing. I live in Avignon so it is not a cultural difference just really bad staff. Sorry La Mirande but you let me down and my twins 9th birthday.

Room tip: Look for a place that values your patronage
Date of stay: November 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 17 September 2023 via mobile

A stay here feeling going back in time but with the modern amenities. We stayed in room 20, which is a corner room that has a lot of light, very spacious too although the layout is a bit odd (toilet and the bathroom are separated by a very long hall way). While it was hot outside, the room always stayed very cool so my thermostat stayed at 74 but still cool (I’d imagine that it might be actually be a little cold in winter despite you can turn on the heater).

The one star restaurant at the hotel was amazing! I only did the 3 meal course but the little dishes kept on coming in and each dish was so creative and delicious. The meal lasted over 3 hours but was very enjoyable.

If you are driving to the hotel, the roads do turn narrower and narrower where it can be a bit nerve wracking to drive, so renting a small car would be recommended. When we leave on the last day, we made a wrong turn and almost got stuck in a tight corner. 😅. Going in and out or Avignon also always seemed to have traffic, so do plan a bit more time going in and out of the hotel. Valet could take up 15 min as well.

Date of stay: September 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Francis Lacoste, Autre at Hotel La Mirande, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2023

Hello,

We would like to thank you for your feedback.

We assure you that the room is warm enough during the winter 😊.

We are glad to know that you enjoyed your experience at the gourmet restaurant.

It is true that the access to the city heart is a little bit tricky. Thank you for advising our future guests.

We look forward to welcoming you here again.

Kind regards