See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 September 2015

For me what is most important is the service I receive at the hotel. And the service at this hotel is nothing to brag home about. The cleaning staff failed to refill my soap, coffee and tea.

The receptionist failed to charge me properly for my room, witch resulted in her manager claiming I had an unsettled night I had to pay at a later time. This despite her being present during my payment of my room, and me asking if I had indeed paid for both rooms, and they said yes.

The saving grease is that the manager was willing to print out a document for me, if I sent it to her by mail. This is also what saved the hotel from a one star rating from me.

The beds are comfortable, but the rooms are cramped. They provide an ironing board but no iron. Disappointment is rising.

The rooms are clean and tidy, but that's what you expect from a 3 star hotel. There are many better and just as affordable hotels in Le Havre. Hotel Terminus being among them, another is a little bit more expensive and is Nomad Hotels by the train station.

They use an outdated computer system, have no good service, and the staff barely knows English, although they show willingness to try.

Oh, and don't bother with the breakfast, it's not even worth half the price of what they charge for it.

By far, both the worst hotel I've stayed in, in France and the worst within the Comfort franchise.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 August 2015

This was absolutely the worst hotel experience of my life. My friend and I (both Americans) drove to Le Havre, got lost, and showed up to our hotel around 11:00pm. The hotel was closed but there was a number on the door to call if you had a reservation. We were let in and given a key to a room which, to our shock, already had a man in it, lying in bed watching TV. He’d been given our room by mistake, leaving his open. The manager was called to give us the different room key. 15 minutes later she arrived, and before we said a word, began screaming at us in French. She told us we were late, and that if we had called her she wouldn’t have let us into the hotel. The whole time, with her voice raised, she threatened to kick us out of the hotel, saying she would send us to a more expensive one and we would have to pay the difference. When my friend who doesn’t speak French whispered to me to clarify what was happening, she mocked us for “whispering like children.” She kept saying this wasn’t her problem, too bad, and at one point yelled “You don’t think I have the right to be angry?!” while we stood there completely in shock.
Eventually she did give us a room key to the empty room, which only had one bed in it instead of the two we had booked. The next morning, I told the receptionist that we had been given a room that wasn’t what we had booked and asked if we were still going to be made to pay full price. Immediately, the front desk phone rang, and it was the manager. She must’ve been watching us on the security cameras. The receptionist got off the phone and said there was nothing they could do because we arrived late. I asked what the manager’s name was, and the receptionist said we could call her Madame Directrice. I asked for his name and he said we didn’t have a right to know. I then asked to pay, and he said our credit card had already been charged.
Overall, the staff was rude and unprofessional. There was no need for the manager to scream at us like that. It was a shocking reception after the shock of already having been given a room key to an occupied room. It was frankly frightening and completely damped our visit. Do not bother staying at this hotel; they’ve demonstrated they don’t care about your business.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
3  Thank A D
Reviewed 31 May 2015 via mobile

Stayed here for one night ahead of an early ferry. Room has all the fixtures - tv, tea, coffee, safe etc and all in reasonable condition but the room is very small. The bed is against the wall so there is no bedside table and you have to slide across. The shower room is only about 60cm wide despite being nicely fitted . Was able to park in street outside. Breakfast reasonable.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 September 2014

There was no lift and no help with baggage. The room was cramped and the shower room more so - with absolutely no hot water! The tea provided consisted of one English tea bag - why? The carpet needed a good clean - especially behind the door where the dust was thick.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2014 via mobile

Stayed here one night while passing through. Room was quite small but fine for what we needed. The Staff were friendly and spoke English well. It was clean. The bed was very comfortable. Had a great nights sleep. Can't fault breakfast. Good selection. It was lovely. Would stay here again.

Stayed: September 2014, travelled with family