“Amazing Bouillabaisse Honfleuraise”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 July 2016 via mobile

Whe came to this restaurant following recomendations of Lonely Planet. We made a reservation for the dinner, and got the best table by the window. Menu for dinner cost 36€ and you can choose from apprx 5 option for each - starter, main dish and dessert. We made different decision and took chief's recomendation of Bouillabaisse Honfleuraise for 34€. And what we got was a HUGE plate of EVERYTHING you can find in a sea :) this plate was impossible to finnish for a man, so I managed to eat maybe a three quarters of a portion. Maybe it would be best to share if there's an option. So - make reservations in the afternoon for a dinner, order your favorite dish and ENJOY the taste of Normandy!

1  Thank Agne S

Reviewed 26 July 2016

Recommended by my daughter - this restaurant was superb ! A great €36 menu with the usual 3 courses plus a taster and a cheese course. Fantastic seafood presented beautifully - don't miss this restaurant on your visit to Honfleur !

Reviewed 15 July 2016

Excellent food, friendly service, very nice atmosphere. The cost is a bit higher than some of the surrounding places and the difference in quality is worth it.

Reviewed 11 July 2016 via mobile

Great place Honfluer and this is s beautiful restaurant. It isn't cheap (€85 for two starters and two mains and two bottles water) but food is well presented and very tasty even though mains portions are quite small. Think your paying for the presentation of the food mainly. Service is ok - chap not really that helpful but lady was friendly.

Reviewed 9 July 2016

Au Petit Mareyeur is one of those places that looks like it would be better than it ends up being in actuality. The dining room is charming and the place was packed the night we dined. Considering that I had read some good reviews on this site and others, I was very much looking forward to our meal, but my wife and I were very disappointed. Our server started us with a couple of pieces of salmon or at least that's what he called them - mostly greasy pieces of deep fried batter - Mrs. Paul's is haute cuisine next to these things! The entrees and main courses weren't much better. We had ordered from the prix fixe menus that included a cheese course, but instead of merely presenting that course we were asked "do you want the cheese?" After it was delivered and frankly wasn't much better in quality than the greasy salmon, I suppose I can see why he asked. The desserts were crummy as well - one was something masquerading as a floating island - more like cool whip in some sort of syrupy concoction. The thing that was particularly annoying is that we had to wait and wait and wait some more to get our server's attention in order to request l'addition. His name was Matthew as I recall, and he seemed to be preoccupied with two young girls at another table. Mind you, my wife and I were the only other couple in the restaurant at this point. I finally decided to walk over to the rest room to try to get his attention and received a perfunctory wave and a "I'll be there in a minute". I came out of the wash room, went back to our table and we waited for about another five minutes while he continued to chat - seemed like ten or fifteen. Did you ever feel like saying to yourself "if I were to get up and start walking toward the door, I bet that would get his attention"? - that's how we felt. We had a very nice meal at Le Breard the next evening - much better than this place. I wish we had opted for La Lieutenance instead - that looked like a nice place as well. But I would avoid Petit Mareyeur if I were you - without doubt the worst meal we experienced during our fifteen night trip to France.

1  Thank r_mckaig