“Best moules frites!”

Le cafe de Paris
Ranked #11 of 174 Restaurants in Honfleur
Cuisines: Deli, Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: In a cosy atmosphère facing the port, the Café de Paris offers its brasserie menu around fresh and cooked by our chef.
Reviewed 11 August 2015 via mobile

There are moules aplenty in Honfleur but in Cafe de Paris they are accompanied by homemade, skin on fries with a satisfying crispy outer layer. Much better than the frozen chips churned out in many of the more prominently located restaurants. The moules marineres cost approx 12€ but for an extra 3€ go for the menu du jour. For us, this included a terrine, more mussels than I could manage and a fabulous chocolate mouse for dessert. A couple of beers and our bill was 40€. Perfect!

3  Thank roserose3

Reviewed 10 August 2015 via mobile

Simple place for mussels etc but I liked it best for its coffee or Citroen presse at the bar
Family run and friendly with food wifi so if you stay at the Chevalier Blanc above you might want to eat here to get access

Reviewed 29 July 2015

I ate there for dinner and was not disappointed. The understated frontage and simple menu don't sell their lovely food and great service. I had Moules marienere which were very tasty (despite not being in season) and the portion was huge. They came with homemade chips and fresh bread. If you can get a seat there is a great view across the harbour and the restaurant is clean and inviting. There was a small problem with my food (I'm not going to mention what it was as it was a one-off occurrence and was quite funny) but the staff couldn't be more eager to rectify it, bringing me a free desert and apologising. The desert was the tarte au pomme with icecream which was delicious. Very reasonable prices for a lovely meal.

1  Thank Kimberlina2015
Reviewed 21 July 2015

Having picked out this restaurant from TA reviews we managed to find it along the harbour front, but was slightly put off by the frontage. How wrong were we. After finally deciding to go with TA reviews we entered just before 7pm to be told that the evening meals started at 7.pm.
The waitress was really helpful in explaining the menu, from which we ordered Moules mariners and moules Roquefort. We were certainly not disappointed with the portion size and also the quality of the meals. I was then persuaded by the manager, Laurant, to try the il floutant which I must say was excellent. Real value for money too. (The goats cheese burger looked soooo appealing too.)
Although this restaurant is a very short walk from the tourist restaurants around the harbour basin it is certainly worth making the effort to find it. You will not be disappointed.

3  Thank rhino4525
Reviewed 10 July 2015

A quirky setting for a quirky menu - modern with a classic French edge. The Manager was really helpful in deciphering the menu, making it possible to try things that we wouldn't normally try - and we really enjoyed the result.
Had a great meal with wine at a really good price. Would definitely eat there again.

2  Thank SueandJohnMcG