“Very good food, and a lovely atmosphere”

Auberge du Vieux Clocher
Ranked #25 of 179 Restaurants in Honfleur
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 October 2017

This is one of the better restaurants in Honfleur, at least if the recommendations by the owner of our rather fine hotel are anything to go by. And I would agree with him - the food here was exceptionally good. My wife and I had three courses with wine, water and coffee, all for less than 85 Euros. I started with Foie Gras (made by the house), followed with Faux Filet (steak) and veggies, and finally 3 balls of sorbet. My wife had seafood for both starter and main, and a sorbet for sweet. All accompanied by a very nice red wine from Chinon (a wine that's difficult to find in the UK). Service was attentive but not intrusive, and the waiter spoke English with us only when my French failed me - a nice touch, as I really like to try to speak the lingo when I can. Given that this was a Sunday evening in mid-September, the restaurant was quite busy, and all the other customers were locals - a good recommendation in itself, I'd reckon. Would I go again? Without hesitation.

Reviewed 24 September 2017

A lovely restaurant that would be worth booking to ensure you got in. Fish soup, foie gras, steak, tart Normande, all excellent.

Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

We had 2 menus auberge including "aile de raie" which was really delicious. Refined and simple. The foie gras maison (supplement of 6€) is worth a try.
Very friendly staff, nice atmosphere and decoration. I definitely recommend.

Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

Daily course (fresh fich) were very good.
Sweet "Riz au lait" excellent
Service was friendly

Very well located for a nice family break during Honfleur tour

Reviewed 25 June 2017

It was a Monday evening when quite a few restaurants in Honfleur were closed but we came upon the Auberge , which was open, and went in.
We were welcomed and offered the choice of a couple of areas to sit and were soon sipping aperitifs ( my friend and I chose Champagne which was delicious) whilst pouring over our menus.
Our starters were all excellent- Foie Gras, Crevettes and mine was a sweet and salty crumble served on top of sardines and sliced potatoes- just superb!
Mains- 3x Salmon in a creamy sauce and 1 Skate in sauce and again all proved to be delicious.
Finally desserts- 2 rice puddings, 1 cheese and 1 apple charlotte. A great end to a perfect meal.
We booked a table for our last evening in Honfleur and again were not disappointed!!