This hotel is without a doubt totally faultless in its attention to detail, service, welcome, standards of room, spa and food.
However, there is a big 'but' it is incredibly expensive.
We waived the fact that the cost of the room at 150 euros for staying midweek (Friday night) rising to 290 euros for a Saturday night was a bit on the high side - but, because of the factilities it included, we went for it.
However, to be presented with a dinner menu - the cheapest - at 90 euros each, with wine at 9 euros a glass, a small beer 7 euros and a bottle of water 7 euros! We were beginning to get concerned.....the real thorn in the side was the wine list - lucky if you could get a bottle of wine (we are in France remember) for under 40 euros! Mostly the wine ranged from 50 - 150 euros upwards!
Breakfast at 22 euros was high but there was a fantastic cold selection.
When I complained that there should be a more reasonable dinner and wine menu and why had they presented us only with the expensive menus on a Friday evening - they were polite but totally dismissive.
A small compensation for that Friday 'mistake' would have made all the difference to us.
No, I wouldn't go back - we travel a lot and usually stay in 3-4 star hotels and I know we can get a better deal for the food.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- More than a century after being frequented by impressionist painters seeking inspiration from the magic light of the Côte Fleurie, the Ferme Saint Siméon still seems to still be nourished by tender nostalgia. Perched on the heights of Honfleur, this Normand-style building infused with the soul of yesteryear delicately embraces modern refinement. Facing the Seine river estuary, the rooms full of noble furniture, woodwork, luxurious fabrics,comfort and colours are spread like flower bouquets across the farm, the central building and the ‘Press’.Beneath the garden’s apple trees or in the refined decor of the gastronomic restaurant, guests will be delighted to discover the regional cuisine, after indulging in a relaxing treatment at the Spa, peacefully overlooking the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd, Expedia APAC, lastminute.com.au, Booking.com, Wotif.com, Hotels.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your La Ferme Saint Simeon - Relais et Chateaux reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Ferme Saint Simeon Hotel Honfleur
- La Ferme Saint Simeon Honfleur