“Quick and good”

Cuisines: Grill
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 27 November 2017

After visiting Monet's garden at Giverny we went looking for somewhere to grab a quick bite and stopped at Le Petit Giverny. Simple correct food. We shared a Terrine Campagne and then had a Brochette Poulet and a barbecued Toulouse sausage. Well cooked, quick service, inexpensive and nice staff. Worth stopping by when visiting Giverny

1  Thank jrcwparis

Reviewed 25 November 2017

Monet is the big attraction in Giverny, but a long walk in Monet's gardens brings one to the point you need a bite eat and a spot of coffee or wine. We have stopped on visits several times, usually having a bottle of wine and cake or other snack. We have also eaten light meals here and found it well prepared. Service is usually excellent and the people are friendly.

1  Thank Joseph C
Reviewed 5 November 2017

We visited the Gardens of Giverny last week and wanted a coffee before we headed in and saw this place. We ordered 3 drinks and a piece of the 'tarte Normande' all of which were fine. The staff/owners were also fine (at this point).

We went to pay and I asked the lady if she would take a card for the €13 or so and she replied no that she would only accept cash. So all three of us emptied our pockets and managed to come up with the exact amount in change after about 10 minutes of counting and checking.

We got up to pay and I handed her the saucer with the money and receipt on, even apologised for the cash as it was all we had (in French) and she replied by saying she wouldn't accept that and to give her my card. She repeated it again in French 'Give me your card' and was visibly disgruntled. I was honestly shocked and upset by her response and so if you go for a coffee here.... make sure you take cash!!!!

2  Thank sweetlikeapples
Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

At the last minute we decided to head to Giverny. I am very glad we did. The town is charming. Our stay with Jean Jacques was a wonderful host. He was there to greet us and make us welcome. He chatted we us before showing us to our room.
He greeted us for dinner and gave us a tasty local beverage with blueberry wine. It was fun to chat while dinner was prepared in the open fire stove.
The room was very clean and well decorated. There was plenty of storage and comfortable furniture.
The whole experience was wonderful.

Reviewed 13 October 2017

The food at the Le Petit restaurant is good. I had the Toulouse sausage and potatoes which I would get again. There is a nice little garden in front of the patio. The staff were very friendly. It is on the main road right next to the free parking so I am sure this street is packed in the summer but it wasn't too bad in October.

Been to LE PETIT GIVERNY? Share your experiences!