We were in this hotel for 9 nights and in the begining did not like much. We arrived in a sunday afternoon and downtown is dead at this time. There is going a lot of street work in front of the hotel and the rooms can be noisy if facing the working area. We stayed one night at room 403 and did not like much but then we moved to room 410 that was wonderful ( quiet, bigger and perfect! ). The owners of the hotel are very nice and so is the people that work in the front desk: Alaké and the other lady that works at night. The amenities in the bathroom are excellent! I actually bought a body cream from them. The bad thing of this hotel is the lift that is tooooooooo slow. Sorry but they have to change it. We used the stairs to come down as it takes forever for the elevator to arrive. This hotel accepts groups and when they arrive is a problem because the elevator can not handle them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel BEST WESTERN Moderne is a 4 star hotel located in the historical center of Caen, closed to the castle of William the Conqueror or department stores like Galeries Lafayette, and just a few kilometers from the first landing beaches. Our hotel is a smoke-free environment. All the rooms are equipped with satellite TV, free WIFI access , safe, minibar, heating/air conditioning system, and a courtesy tray with complimentary tea and coffee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Evoline ltd, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Hotels.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Best Western Plus Hotel Moderne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Moderne Hotel Caen
- Best Western Hotel Moderne
- Best Western Caen
- Caen Best Western