“good”
Review of Adagio Caen Centre

Adagio Caen Centre
Ranked #6 of 40 Hotels in Caen
Reviewed 23 September 2017

situated just outside the lively streets, the aparthotel offers nice spacious rooms with all amenities you need. Breakfast is rather complete and not expensive (7€). Private parking, friendly staff. Isolation from the street could be improved, so ask for a room not on the streetside.

Stayed: September 2017

Reviewed 31 August 2017

HOTEL ADAGIO - CAEN

We chose this location as a stop before our ferry from Cherbourg the next morning.
This is quite a smart Hotel in the middle of the town within easy walking distance of restaurants etc. I was not sure what to expect regarding the room as it said Studio, so I was expecting a small room. Was pleasantly surprised to find it was a large modern room with a kitchen and all amenities, ELECTRIC KETTLE (YAY), fridge and crockery etc if you wanted to do your own food. Bathroom was large with walking shower.
We were only staying one night and went out to eat in the town that evening. As it was a Saturday night we could park in the street outside and only had to pay the meter until 6pm then it was free for the rest of the night and the next day was Sunday which is also free.
The staff were helpful and the amenities were great, we didn’t have breakfast so can’t comment on that. Would definitely stay there again when visiting Caen.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

I would stay here again for the easy train station access, the extra space, and the convenient breakfast, but our unexpected room assignment resulted in a smelly stay.

A terrible odor from the drain of the bathroom pervaded the entire apartment. We had accepted the offered single bed apartment in lieu of our reserved double bed apt. It was large but the bathroom design was flawed. The large tiled shower room contained the toilet and sink. (Photo) When I took a shower, the toilet and sink showered too. This design resulted in a bathroom that smells like a wet dirty shower drain all the time. The hotel provided a cleaning spray which we applied to the drain, and it smelled better, briefly.
Apparently other units have separate toilet rooms and stall showers. Find out which one you're getting.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2017

We stayed here on a short trip to visit Normandy. The room was spacious with a separate living and bedroom area. The room also had a small kitchen, and a separate shower/sink area from the toilet. The hotel had a crib for our two-year old daughter, which was an issue on a different part of the trip at a different hotel. There was plenty of parking as we decided to rent a van and drive up from Paris instead of taking a train. The train station is only a few minute walk to the hotel though. The wifi worked well. The service was the best we encountered at a hotel on our trip, friendly and helpful, even when dealing with us English only speakers. The hotel is located across from the Orne River and across the river was the city center. Plenty of restaurants and shopping within a few minutes walk. Walking out the main doors I got to chuckle at the shuttered National Front headquarters every time.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 August 2017

Rooms: okay. They have a fridge, dishwasher, and cheap laundry is available. The bed is decent. I was there during a busy week, so only got hot water for 2 of the days I stayed there.

Management: Dishonest.
1) You have to pay extra for room service. They never informed me of this.

2) There was some confusion with my booking and I was charged an extra night. The management told me to my face on two occasions that I would not be charged and when I was, that I would be refunded. It is now two months later and they are still fighting with me and the credit card company because they do not want to give me the refund. Was reminded that you cannot trust people at their word and should get this type of statement in writing.

Summary:
I would not use this hotel as an apartment, the lack of hot water would annoy me.

I would not go back to this hotel. It has a decent room, nice location and nice views, but they will tell you one thing, then do the opposite. Bad business.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Adagio C, Directeur général at Adagio Caen Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2017

Dear Customer,

Thank you for taking the time to send us your comments.
First of all, I would like to apologise for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay.
We indeed have an issue with the hot water plant on the day of your arrival. I was unfortunately away on annual leave when the problem happened and our maintenance person was not on site - he came a few hours later to fix the issue. We could not get a person faster although we tried.
The receptionnist on duty thought wrongly the issue with the hot water was due to a large amount of people taking their showers at the same time which was in reality not the case. We have 5 tanks of 1500 liters each which is more than sufficient for the capacity of our Aparthotel when the system works correctly.
The issue we had was that the electrical switch for the hot water production tripped - the water therefore stoppped to heat up.
Once the problem was identified and fixed by our maintenance person it took another few hours for the water to reheat to normal températures.
We attach a great deal of importance to correcting any errors that occur, with a view to enhancing our quality standards and customer satisfaction levels, and your remarks regarding the hot water have therefore been duly noted. It was the first time such a problem happenned which was the source of the miscommunication. The whole team has now been trained on identifying this issues so that it does not happen anymore in the future.

I am a bit suprised about your comments relating to your payment that should have been refunded on to you and was not. I was not made aware of the issues. What I can propose to you is to get in contact with me via e-mail with the details of the booking so that I can look into it further. My e-mail address is at the bottom of this message.

We hope to have the pleasure in welcoming you again in the future in Caen.
Regards,