See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 February 2017

This is a good budget hotel close on the city quay - we often stay here when we want to eat out in Caen and have a drink - the rooms are on the small side but bright, clean and comfortable. My husband says the showers are some of the best in any hotel he has stayed in (and that is a lot!). If you stay on a Saturday though, be warned it is very noisy on the quay until the early hours and at around 5am the big Sunday market starts on the quay carpark and is very noisy if the window is open (no air con).

Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 October 2016

The hotel is in a good location not far from the port, a laundromat and most of the attractions the town has. This appears to be a safe area with parking for your car across the road. The staff were all friendly & helpful. We dropped our bags in and headed off to do some sightseeing.
The room was small but had a comfortable bed. The hotel needs redecoration and is very tired looking.
There was no lift but we knew that at the time of booking

Once the car park across the road is full it is hard to find parking. This is not the hotels fault but a fact of life in Caen. We parked at the hippodrome for free after advice from a resident.

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 September 2016 via mobile

Being so cheap I thought it would be a little grotty, but to my surprise it was lovely. Don't let the reception put you off. My husband and I stayed in a really cute bedroom with a massive ensuite. The owner waited up for us and gave us a code to get back if needed. The facilities are basic but clean and functional. €63 for two adults and breakfast, couldn't ask for more.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 September 2016 via mobile

Really friendly, warm and welcoming receptionists. They let us keep our bikes in their reception overnight rather than leaving them outside.

Room was clean with a comfy bed and strong hot shower. Location is excellent.

Very good value for money, and will return again if in Caen.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 August 2016

Location is good, 20 minutes walking from the train station. Many bars and restaurants around. Good wifi. Good place for exploring D-Day Beaches. Bad points no lift, my room was in 3th floor. Reception is not 24 hours, and they provide a key card. One day the Key Card stop to work, I was luck that was during the day, but if that happen after 10PM I would be locked outside.

Room tip: No elevator, best idea is o room in the low floor
Date of stay: July 2016