“Excellent!!!!”

Ranked #6 of 7 Tours in Caen
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Booked 2 train tours with LinkParis for early May And then came the rolling train strike!!! Laura has been so wonderful in coordinating our trips Excellent communication I can't say enough good things about this company

1  Thank sharon f
"tours"
"memorial"
"museum"

Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

This is a great chance to see the French countryside while you are visiting the beaches and memorial. Beautiful! The Normandy D-Day museum alone was worth the trip. I got a good perspective of the political and social events that made the war inevitable. It’s really moving.

The guide gave us great info and insights and made the trip much more meaningful. It’s a long day to and from Paris; one couple on the tour had booked a night in Caen, and took the train back the next day. That’s something to consider.

3  Thank fablok
Reviewed 10 October 2017

Laura at LinkParis forwarded my request to Eric to tailor the D-Day tour to my father's experience of landing at Utah Beach in Sept. 1944. Eric gave us an incredible individualized tour. We started at the historic church in Sainte-Mere-Eglise, then to Ste-Marie du Mont where Eric showed us the road the 94th Division walked down and the church where many soldiers attended mass.
The next stop was Utah Beach where we stood in awe and took it all in. Eric actually found 2 fossil rocks on the beach and gave them to me so I'd always have a part of where my father landed.
The Utah Museum was so informative and very interesting. On our way out Eric introduced us to the curator whose father founded the museum and told us the story of their family's experience on D-Day.
The American Cemetery was very sobering, We arrived in time for the flag lowering and taps and were able to walk through the multitude of crosses to pay our respects.
Pont du Hoc was a really good example of the German defenses and batteries. Much of it was left untouched.
We finished with a tour of the town of Bayeaux which was not damaged during the invasion. Such beauty in the centuries-old buildings and church.
I would highly recommend LinkParis and Eric as a tour guide. He knew every detail about Normandy and the extensive history surrounding it. He gave an excellent tour!

3  Thank cathyt1950
Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

I can't say enough good things about this tour company. I took a group of 13 friends to france and wanted to do a day trip from Paris to Normandy. I contacted the US office of Link Paris who handled everything! They worked with our budget and interests and took care of every detail from 1st class train tickets to Paris, full day touring , four star hotel reservations, extremely knowledgeable guides and then drove us directly to our hotel in Paris.
Amazing and great value.

2  Thank groupleader45212
See more reviews
Reviewed 13 August 2017

We took this tour in August. Mario our tour guide was excellent. Picked us up at the train station and off we went. We liked the fact that only 4 others were with us. Mario is very knowledgeable and we had ample time at each stop.
My only tip is if you are coming on the train from Paris you can book online for alot less cost. Also do not book first class, not worth it. The train was crap, broken arm rests tattered seats. Book coach online and save $$$

2  Thank trvldog