“Wonderful, charming”

Price range: USD 21 - USD 71
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: In the heart of Bayeux, La Rapiere is a warm and traditionnal restaurant, with a food that we try every day to raise to offer you high standard meals.
Reviewed 19 April 2012

I'm not sure I can improve on previous reviews, but I'll write in support. If you are in Bayeux, find a way to dine here. The food is excellent, the setting is so charming it looks made up, the service is attentive but not intrusive. The courses are plated like works of art. I will repeat the warnings that reservations are a good idea, and to be prepared to get a little lost finding the place. However, we at least found that the locals were friendly, helpful and kind. Je t'aime Bayeux.

1  Thank batikmom

Reviewed 18 April 2012

The food was excellent as well as the service. Highly recommend a booking as it's popular and also a bit small but very quaint.

1  Thank connie k
Reviewed 14 April 2012

We got really lucky the first night we came into Bayeux. We had a comfortable seat next to the fireplace. The service was attentive and helpful. The menu had many delicious choices and all was wonderful and topped off with a creamy crème brûlée

1  Thank Jbarstow
Reviewed 12 April 2012

On our annual visit to France we always visi this restaurant. The food, service, ambience - al fantastic, if you are in Bayeux this place is a must.

1  Thank mari0nrichards
Reviewed 10 April 2012

We made a reservation (online) at this restaurant based on Trip Advisor's rankings. We had a little difficulty finding the restaurant, as we walked by the alley, but it was well worth the search. Everyone in my group ordered the complete meal with 5 courses, including both a cheese and dessert course. I had the duck and my friends each had fish choices. All of the meals were wonderful. The service was attentive, but relaxed. The atmosphere of the restaurant was "old world charming." I would highly recommend this restaurant.