1,630 results
All reviews eurostar station lille europe microwave and fridge on demand separate toilet double bed shopping centre rooms are spacious free wifi ten minute walk good size free bottle big room excellent hotel walk in shower old town tea coffee
Reviewed 6 August 2018

I have never stayed in a Novotel before but after this experience I will again. It is literally across the road from the Eurostar station. The welcome was friendly and efficient. with a minimum of fuss (unlike the Z hotel in London Soho where I needed everything but my birth certificate to get in). The spotlessly clean room, though, was quite remarkable. For a start it was 30m2 (the same size as a queen bedroom in the London Savoy!). Its main area had a day sofa, table and chairs plus a coffee pod machine, kettle and Clipper teas, a microwave, a mini-fridge and a mini tap and sink. You could easily divide this area off from the bedroom and bathroom if you wished. The bathroom had shower, bath and further sink. The television was HD. Towels, teas and coffees were replenished daily, as was the free bottle of water left in the fridge each day ( an expensive 4 star hotel in Devon, which I'd stayed at the previous week, did not do this). There was also plenty of hanging and storage space. Breakfast was a joy - racks of fresh baguettes, baskets of fresh croissants, waffles (complete with maple syrup) cake and breads, local cheeses and ham, fresh fruits, yoghurts, boiled eggs, fruit juices, cereals and jams - all good quality and constantly replenished (again, something the Devon hotel did not do).The furnishings may not be to everyone's taste - blonde wood, stylised chairs, yellow and grey fabrics and very contemporary prints on the walls, but it all matched the delightful ambience. Remarkable also was the provision in reception of chilled cabinets providing regional (mostly) ready-made chilled meals and drinks ready for you to take to your room (with plate and carrier bag provided) and heat in your microwave then eat at your table! I noticed the walk-in rate for bed and breakfast was 135 Euros - I paid via Lastminute.com 241 pounds for 3 nights including Eurostar at my timings - what a saving!
To sum up, although the "5 minute walk to centre" is to the nearest shopping mall and to the true centre ville is more like 12, this is balanced by its proximity to the station. A truly excellently traveller-friendly hotel.

Stayed: August 2018
Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

When we arrived in the room we recognised that it was complete stop in the drain in the shower. We told the staff and they promised to fix that during the time we where out eating dinner.
When I next morning should take a shower it was still complet stop in the drain. So no shower that morning.
When checking out it was only younger staff, so I asked them to tell their manager to give me a call, since I don’t want to pay full price for a room without working shower.
Nobody phoned, so I sent a mail after a couple of days that the hotel manager actually answered in a way I didn’t expect from a 4 star hotel. They only said they heard about the problem with the room and that they were sorry for that, but is not prepared to lower the price for the room !!!!
In my opinion it is a difference in price between a room with shower and a room without shower. I am even more surprised for the response from the management.
So please see this as an warning about the bad management of the hotel.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 July 2018

A stressful drive into and through Lille in Friday rush-hour traffic, finding parking near the hotel, steady drizzle, argh. The moment we walked into the foyer to check in, everything came right, thanks to the delightful young man (who heard my French accent and answered me in English!) for whom nothing was too much trouble. I hope Novotel Suites management realises how valuable these kind of unflappable, kind frontline staff are to their brand.
He gave my husband directions to return the hire car (actually right next to the hotel) and later provided him with glasses as he returned with a take-away dinner.
The hotel is literally 40 steps from the Eurostar station so perfect if that's how you're travelling.
The bed was comfortable and the bathroom included a full-size bath, yay! A few little bumps and stains indicated that this is a high-use hotel but our room was clean so no complaints. Breakfast adequate and the croissants flaky!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 July 2018

Stayed here for business as on a late train into Lille from London. So firstly - very easy as over the road from Eurostar drop off. The hotel is nice enough downstairs, small bar area and a France playing in the semi-final world cup so fairly lively! Whilst I had a large room though it is a bit dated and bizarrely the bathroom make you feel like you are on a yacht! they have floors like that of a boat! I was facing the main road and unfortunately for me, France won their game and the car horns were going way past 1am so a bit noisy. Breakfast was ok. Overall I am sure there are better options in Lille but for ease in getting off the train it's ok.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 June 2018

This went wrong from the booking (two rooms for one night). I believe I selected a special offer from the website booking screen that included breakfast. By the time I got the email confirmation, there was no mention of this.

I tried to contact Novotel online, but the online form wouldn't work for me.

Sure enough, on arrival breakfast wasn't included. So we didn't have it.

Subsequent to our stay, my credit card seems to have been credited with the cost of half the stay. This is completely unrelated to the breakfast issue. I'm a strange person even though this is in my favour, I feel compelled to sort this out. Again, the online form wouldn't work for me. So I phoned Novotel up, maybe at some cost to me. The lady listened well and sent me an email asking for proof of my credit card transaction and for details of the breakfast issue. I've sent this to them and heard nothing after more than a week.

Most of these issues are to do with Novotel, not the hotel itself. As for that, we stayed in early June. The standard of the room was fine and the bathroom/ toilet plastic installation was also fine and was clean. Our issue was that even though it wasn't particularly warm outside, we were too hot. The air conditioning did not work well - as many others have commented. So we did not sleep well at all.

The location is good for catching the Eurostar in the morning - literally next door to the station. We had a car too (only one of our party was catching the train) and we parked in a public car park underneath the hotel at a cost of €28 overnight.

The new station and attached shopping centre in Lille is not wearing well. We walked into town to find food and came across a young man kicking a middle age man in the head. Others intervened to stop him. However, it did rather put us off Lille.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple