1,139 results
All reviewsbeautiful hotelmain restaurantinternal courtyardhistorical buildingconverted hospitaloriginal featuressteam roomstar hotelold churchatrium barmodern artturn down serviceglass roofthe ground floorminute walksuperior roomlovely bathroom
Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

Called the hotel the night before to make sure the room would be ready when I arrive on an early Monday before meetings at 1pm. I was confirmed it would be ok.
When at the front desk, I am told my room is not ready but 7 people checking in after me have theirs ready.
What kind of rating should I give this place that looks really nice Indeed..i know what classic answer I'll get from management on this website: "we are sorry for the inconvenience and hope the rest of your study was satisfactory"....

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Hermitage-Gantois, Directeur général at L'Hermitage Gantois, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2017

Dear tarek31,

Thank you for your comment during your stay at the Hermitage Gantois.

What you write is not the truth.

You called on Sunday to ask for access to the room at 9am on Monday.

We told you that check in was at 3pm and if that was possible you would have access to your room sooner. We did not guarantee a check in at 9am, we could not get you to a room yet occupied.

It was with great pleasure that you were able to offer an early check in at 9:54 and we also had the pleasure of offering you an upgrade.

For a next time we advise you to guarantee the earlier access to your room to book a night more, we would be very happy to offer you a preferential rate.

We wish you a nice summer end.

Very cordially.

André Grosperrin
General Manager.

Reviewed 23 August 2017

I stayed at this hotel on Monday night last and it was excellent. The design and layout of the foyer/bar is stunning. My room was spacious, comfortable and quiet. The service here at this hotel is what really impressed me. From the moment I arrived I knew this was 5 star service and everyone from reception to the bar were friendly and made me feel welcome.
In general hotels in France can be hit and miss but this property given the room rates is certainly worth a visit!!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 August 2017

This is a classy hotel and I scored a good amount of 'Brownie Points' from the fiancee for bringing her to it!
Upon checking in the staff member showing us to our room gave us a brief guided, historical tour of the hotel. The room we used was astonishingly good - spacious, clean, modern (around the original features of the old part of the building). The bar area is beautiful and the restaurant served an excellent breakfast.
A wonderful stay and we will definitely be returning!

Room Tip: My impression is that all the rooms would be great.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2017

Had a long weekend here. The room was lovely but before 7.30am on Saturday and Monday we had the awful noise of trolleys being moved up and down a slope outside our room, we were above the back entrance to the hotel; usually this time of day would not have been a problem but we were on holiday! Bathroom nice but bath completely in the wrong place! The restaurant was sadly not in use for dinner only breakfast. Otherwise the hotel was lovely and very convenient for the centre of Lille.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2017

We had a very pleasant two nights here. The staff were professional and friendly, the decor just amazing and most importantly, the beds were so comfortable.
We'll certainly come again if we get the chance.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family