“Good Value in convenient location.”
Review of Crowne Plaza Lille

Crowne Plaza Lille
Ranked #25 of 107 Hotels in Lille
Reviewed 11 March 2017

On a one-day work-gig in Lille. Not my first time there either.
The Crowne-Plaza in Lille is situated right across from the Eurostar/Thalys/TGV trainstation.
However, I arrived by motorcycle (more fun than the train). The reception crew was Very Helpful on check-in (they noticed me having a large balance of Prio-points, going back 20yrs, that may have helped). For the motorcycle, they provided a small closed-off Moto/Scooter parking for me (at no charge). Larger groups of motorcycles will have to use the public moto-parking of the trainstation (also free, and safe with CCTV coverage, but out in the open). Tip: If you are a solo-rider: Ask if the hotel can provide moto-parking.

Check-in was Efficient, and as a prio-club member I got an exec-room on 10th. Room was Excellent, clean, spacious, comfortable, and good value. A good desk to sit/work and in my case, surprisingly OK Wifi (not fast, but stable, and VPN-tolerant - above average for french hotels).
City centre is in safe walking distance.
Breakfast is not cheap, but it is Very Good! Recommended.
If you want to work from the room, ask for a late checkout: was not a problem.
Checkout was efficient, and very
All in all possibly one of the better CP hotels in France, and definitely a recommended hotel.

Room Tip: higher floors have a view of the city.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Crowne-Plaza-Lille, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Lille, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2017

Dear PdV_on_tour,

Béatrice HOISNE
Sales Manager

Reviewed 3 March 2017

Heavy Business Traveler and my company (very large) utilizes this hotel heavily, stayed twice for 2 weeks each.

Pros: Rooms are big and house keeping are pretty good. Breakfast buffet is very nice but make sure you buy it in the hotel room package booking for a better discount. Lobby is kept clean and updated. Location is great, within walking distance of town center and right outside the train station. There is parking below the hotel for guest and non-guest which makes it convenient access to the highway.

Cons: Wifi Internet is non-existence which makes conducting business impossible, sometimes its there and sometimes its not and sometimes you get dropped suddenly. This has been a issue for some time (6mths+) and the hotel does not seem to be taking any actions. Not all the front desk personal speak English so international travelers will find it difficult to communicate if they do not speak French but they are very helpful in all cases. Minor things include housekeeping forgetting to replace shampoo or giving me two of one thing and forgetting something else. Bed sheets are not replaced daily or even twice daily. Elevators are on the small scale and are slow; I believe I waited 2min for an elevator to come to me and then another 2min to go down 2 floors.

Final conclusion: This is border line 50/50 with the pros and cons. I will stay here one more time (2weeks) again but if the Wifi internet does not dramatically improve, I will go to another hotel in the vicinity and make a strong recommendation to the company to do as well

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter but takes longer to get to...
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
Crowne-Plaza-Lille, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Lille, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2017

Dear Tenzo_CCG,
Thank you for your comment.
We work hard to improve the wifi. We are fully aware of the problem, we are doing everything to solve it, be sure.
Meantime, some pocket wifi are availbale at the front desk if the wifi is patchy. Do not hesitate to ask.
Best regards
Béatrice Hoisne, Sales Manager

Reviewed 9 February 2017

The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel itself was nicely maintained and the rooms were a good size although the heat was a bit much for me and I did have the thermostat set to as cold as it would go but, it still blew heat at me. Sadly here you cannot open a window. Also the pillows were a little troublesome, one isn't enough and two was too much so getting comfortable was difficult. The WIFI was terrible, you couldn't check an email much less do anything else. Breakfast was included but, for me it was just ok. They have a nice bar area and sometimes feature live piano music which was very nice. It is located directly across from the train station and within a few blocks of shopping and city center. Overall it was a nice stay.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the street are noisy.

Dear Maria P,
I would like to thank you for staying at our hotel and for posting such a detailed review on Tripadvisor.
We work diligently to ensure our facilities and services are superior and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. It seems that we were not able to execute an exemplary hotel stay experience with regard to the wifi. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you. We actually study improvements.
We look forward to welcoming you again at our hotel and will do the best to satisfy all your needs the next time.
With Best regards
Béatrice Hoisne, Sales Manager

Reviewed 9 February 2017

Biggest minus for me on this kind of trip is that the wifi in room 506 was terrible and did not allow, streaming or efficient working via VPN.
2 night business stay which included eating dinner one of the nights. BuCheck in was efficient with English speaking front desk staff. Room itself is typical smaller euro style but there was much more of the annoying cost saving things like lights which turn off unless your room key is inserted etc.
Dinner service had pretty good service and reasonable selection, Duck for the main course was a good sized portion but not quite cooked to perfection so it was more 'chewy' than I like, not melt in the mouth.
Breakfast is buffet style and includes good variety of continental and US style items. You can also request 'fried egg' if you want it.

Room Tip: Get a higher level room (10 floors) or bring ear plugs due to traffic noise outside
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Lille, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2017

Hi scotsroadwarrior!

Thank you for your stay and for posting a review on TripAdvisor. Your feedback is extremely important as this will help us to achieve our mission to provide the perfect guest experience. It is nice to hear that you found the food served during dinner and breakfast to your liking and were satisfies with the services from some of our staff during your check-in. However, I apologize for the issues you experienced particularly with the internet connection. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Once again, thank you for your valued feedback. We look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back here at the Crowne Plaza Lille - Euralille, France.

Kind Regards,

Dhang R.
Case Manager
IHG Service

Reviewed 5 February 2017

WiFi speed in lobby and rooms was MUCH improved vs my prior stay in 03.2016.
Room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. No issues for getting deep sleep.
Those are the key items and the hotel did well for them.

Front desk check-in staff remains not friendly. It's similar to multiple prior stays at this hotel. They do not offer a warm greeting nor make attempt to make you feel welcome. As example, my room was not ready at check-in (to be fair, I did arrive early). Front desk staff indicated they would phone to my mobile when my room was ready but they never called me and make no apology for that when I reminded them of that when I did finally check-in.

For the room, this hotel is 4-star. But, it gets only a 3-star review from me because staff doesn't make enough attempt to be helpful. I get the impression they know they have a good location and they think they don't have to try so hard on the service.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Lille, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2017

Hi Brian-IFlyAlot,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel. While we are pleased with your kind regards toward the overall cleanliness of our property including the improved WiFi connection, it is regrettable that the level of service rendered by our hotel staff members may have fallen below your expectations. Please allow me to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Rest assured, we take our guest's comments very seriously and always strive to provide a wonderful stay. I have faith in our hotel that they will continue to do their best to improve our amenities and services.

Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback. I truly hope that we will have a chance to make it up to you and provide you with a better stay in the future.

Alvin M.