Having paid extra to enjoy a more luxurious hotel, me an my girlfriend were quite disappointed with what we got. The area immediately around the hotel is pretty rough but it was very close to the 'centre' (shops, brasseries, restaurants etc.) and also really close to the Zenith Arena, which is the reason we were in Lille as we were seeing Kasabian there. The reception area and bar/restaurant areas were nice and security was high as you couldn't use the lift or stairs without your room keycard, which was reassuring. The room itself was a quite a let down, upon entry we both immediatly could smell smoke despite requesting a non-smoking room at the reception after being asked . The minibar (fridge) was not cold at all and when I tried to get to the back of it to alter the temperature it was absolutely covered in a thick layer of dust on the top and down the back. I couldn't cool the fridge so left a kind note in French for the room service to fix/replace but nothing got done. The worst thing about the room was the cups available for the hot drinks - they were paper recyclable ones and one of them had red lipstick marks on it (see my uploaded photo), it was disgusting and not something you expect to find in a Novotel costing £190 for two midweek nights. The bathroom was nice and clean and quite modern. The maids were not rey generous with towels, toilet roll etc. One of the plug sockets conpletely came away from the wall when I removed my UK adapater, which obviously isn't very safe. Pretty much everytime we reported to reception we was dealt with by Cyril who wasn't the politest person, he was very straight-faced and to the point. For those with cars - street parking is available around the hotel for €2.50 for 80 minutes (maximum stay) and there is an underground car park next door which was €20 for 24 hours.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Novotel Lille Centre Gares is a modern 3 star hotel 2 min walk from Lille Flandres station, the Zenith and the Grand Palais, and 5 min from Lille Europe station and the city centre. Ideal for professional or private trips discovering all the region has to offer. 96 airconditioned rooms including 34 refurbished rooms and 5 suites. Enjoy our free fitness centre and patio. With our Family Offer available on request on Sunday you can keep your room until 5 p.m. Public parking at Lille Flandres station. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, ACCOR, Hotels.com, Odigeo, lastminute.com.au, Agoda, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Otel, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Novotel Lille Centre Gares reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Lille Centre Gares Hotel Lille
- Accor Lille Centre Gares
- Lille Novotel
- Novotel Lille Centre Gares France, Europe