“Good Hotel Bang in the Center of Lille but beware of noisy neighbours”
Review of Carlton Hotel

Carlton Hotel
Ranked #10 of 106 Hotels in Lille
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 23 November 2017

I will not waste time discussing the merits of the hotel. Its bang in the center of Lille and very close to all the areas. Its within walking distance from the two main stations as well as the shopping centers. The decor inside the lobby area and inside the rooms is rustic which I do not mind at all. During my stay I encountered two main issues. I arrived at the hotel at 13:00 and the receptionist told me that my room would not be ready before 16:00. To a certain extent I accept this but then I started seeing other clients checking in and getting their room and this prompted me to ask for a room. The receptionist advised me that she was going to give me an upgrade which is fine. Unfortunately the moment I settled in my room I realised that my room neighbours were playing really loud music. Basically it was like I was in a club. I gave them some time hoping that the volume would go down but then I got so frustrated that I went down to the reception to complain. The receptionist accompanied me in order to verify my complaint and they took action immediately. The noise subsided but during my stay I got the feeling that the walls dividing the rooms were so thin that I could literally identify the exact TV station my neighbours were tuned to. A light sleeper would not close an eye. Breakfast is decent and the so called fitness center in the 5th floor is not up to standard. The treadmill for example is suitable for walking but not for jogging or running. On the plus side the WIFI is very strong and allows for the streaming of movies.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
hotelcarltonlille, Responsable relations clients at Carlton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback following your stay.

We take into account your remarks.

We hope to welcome you back to our hotel very soon!

Reviewed 23 October 2017

This hotel was a trip-saver for us. (We had an awful stay at a different hotel the night before). We showed up at the Carlton at 7am in the morning and they were able to offer us a wonderful room at a very good price.

The location of the hotel was perfect- right in the center of the old part of town. The room was large and had a small balcony with a great view of the center square. The bed was very comfortable and we got a great night sleep every night. We enjoyed the classic french furniture in the room. There is a small refrigerator with complementary beverages. The hotel staff was incredibly helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
hotelcarltonlille, Responsable relations clients at Carlton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2017

Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for your good feedback,
What a pleasure to read this!

Your positive feedback is our greatest succes,

We hope to see you soon,

Reviewed 17 October 2017

We chose this hotel based on previous reviews to celebrate our wedding anniversary weekend. It is like stepping back in time due to the art decor. The staff are lovely here and the breakfast good to. We had a classic room on the 2nd floor. The bathroom was very small and the air conditioning, despite showing "on", did not make much difference to the room temperature which was rather stuffy during our stay. We would definitely return to this hotel, but would try and afford a better class of room. We did not hear any other guests through the walls like previous reviews state so that was nice and we didn't use the ear plugs that we normally take away to cater for noisy inconsiderate people.

Room Tip: Room 210 was quiet
Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
hotelcarltonlille, Responsable relations clients at Carlton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to share your experience.

We are very happy to read that you had a great stay with us.
We have been glad to host you in our CARLTON hotel.

We all wish you a very pleasant day and hope to see you soon,

Regards

Reviewed 11 October 2017

The Carlton Hotel is perfectly located in the pedestrianised centre of Lille with shops and bars and restaurants around, but suitably soundproofed so that this is no problem at all. The rooms are spacious and elegant, harking back to Art Deco in design. We particularly appreciated the supremely comfortable bed. Our room in the cupola looked out over the clock tower. There was plenty of hanging space for clothes and a separate WC alongside the shower room with monsoon shower head. The breakfast is certainly well worth paying extra for - plentiful and offering an excellent choice of hot and cold savouries, fruits, pastries etc. It was also served until 10.45 at the weekend which is a nice touch. The staff are very friendly too, and speak excellent English. We did not sample the Whiskey Bar (unfortunately) but it looked inviting and had a great selection of whiskeys and bourbons. All-in-all very nice indeed.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

All our staff thanks you for your fantastic feedback following to your stay.

We are glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.
I sincerely look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

Excellent hotel in perfect location for all amenities in and around Lille.... friendly staff, comfortable clean rooms, great breakfast. Have stayed before and returned, and will return yet again... which says it all!

Room Tip: Good views from higher up rooms, though décor a bit gloomy.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
hotelcarltonlille, Responsable relations clients at Carlton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback.

Your recommendation is a wonderful reward for us.

We hope to welcome you again many times,