All reviews underground parking driving skills steep ramp eating and drinking options yellow line large car big downside beaux arts reception staff are free wifi tea and coffee weekend stay continental style drawer space breakfast was included room price yogurt
Reviewed 28 October 2017

I booked and requested 2 adjacent triple rooms.A week before our holiday I received an email from the hotel to say no adjacent triple rooms and no 2 triple rooms on same floor.They changed my booking to 2 double rooms at the price of 2 triple rooms.

They charged me for a third room due to their negligence.When the amount for the third room was refunded it was £11 short of the amount charged to my credit card.They also charged excess city tax on my original booking.All in all it was a long battle to make them admit to their mistake and pay back the money they owed me.Still waiting for the amount to arrive in my account.

One of the 2 rooms given to us was not a double but a single room with a extra bed crammed in it.There was no space anywhere around the bed to open our suitcase.We had to open it on the bed.There is no storage in the room.

Overall it is a rip off.You DO NOT get what you paid for.To add to it the reception staff,Axelle and Laurie are very rude.They ruined our holiday.

Please look for a better place to stay while on your holiday.

Room Tip: stay away from room 101
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank vhs45
HIE L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lille Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2017

Dear Vhs45,

Thank you for sharing this feedback with us. I am sincerely sorry for the mistake done before your arrival. The refund requested in your favour to correct our mistake was at the good amount, however it did not take into account the resulting exchange costs. I hope you will receive the supplement as soon as possible.
Regarding the room types, as per written on our websites, the rooms available for triple occupancy are equipped of an extra bed installed when requested and only available in a few rooms in the hotel. Those extra beds are recommended for kids only as we are aware it is not comfortable enough for an adult. Those rooms are not adjacent so unfortunately we cannot provide this kind of rooms next to each other. Be sure that you were not charged extra for the third person as when you book online the rate is the same from single to triple occupancy. As per written on our website, an extra applied only if the third person is an adult and it is invoiced directly at the hotel.
I am sincerely sorry the team welcome was not as expected, I can insure you they try to solve your issue as good as they could regarding the elements and the access to financial data they had.

I hope this will not prevent you to stay again within IHG’s hotels.

Reviewed 23 October 2017

Staff is very friendly, rooms are clean and quiet. The major drawback is that internet connection is at times non-existent, in particular in the evening hours. Strange though, in the lobby it is good, in rooms really bad.

Room Tip: One close to a router, possibly right next to it.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
HIE L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lille Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2017

Dear Elmar K,

Thank you for sharing this feedback with us. I understand that your stay did not meet your expectations, especially because of some troubles with our internet connection during your stay. Our provider had to intervene on our installation to solve the problem, I am sincerely sorry for the inconvenience.

I hope this will not prevent you to stay again with us

Reviewed 18 October 2017

The hotel was clean and comfortable with adequate underground parking. The continental breakfast was as expected and the staff were accommodating. We did have a slight issue on arrival with our booking being one person short, that being said they were quick in resolving this and it did not affect our stay.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
HIE L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lille Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2017

Dear Stevie the Scot,

Thank you very much for this nice review. I am glad to read you had a good time with us and that the team was able to answer your needs. Do not hesitate to contact us again for your future reservations, the whole team and I would be happy to welcome you again.

See you soon

Reviewed 9 October 2017

We have chosen this hotel because it is in the city centre and also has a closed parking. Went for a weekend stay for shopping and also exploring the area.

The good:
- Clean
- Location
- Helpfull and friendly staff
- Very high value for price
- Street with some good pubs just around the corner

The bad:
- Beds are not full size. A double is like 1,5 bed wide. However, typical french.
- Breakfast can be crowdy. Advised to go early, then your fine.
- Parking garage is not build on todays standards. If you have a wide car with alloys, you will deffo scratch your rims going up and down the ramp. Parking spaces are so cramped that you have to be really lucky other hotel guests parked their car all the way to the wall, otherwise the next space is not useable. And parking next to the wall means with your mirror against the wall. OTOH, at least this hotel has a parking :-)

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
HIE L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lille Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

Dear Michandlin,

Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion about our establishment. I understand you enjoyed our location, the cleanliness of our rooms and our welcome and I am happy to read it. I can also read that you were a bit disappointed with the breakfast, the car park as well as our beds and I am sincerely sorry for those points.

I sincerly hope this will not prevent you to stay again within our hotel, the whole team and I would be happy to welcome you in the future !

See you soon

Reviewed 1 October 2017

Basic European tourist economy hotel with small rooms. The included breakfast was good and had some variety. It had enclosed gated parking which is a plus. FYI. the town of Lille closes down on Mondays.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
HIE L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Lille Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Dear Scott4023,

Thank very much for sharing your opinion about our hotel. I understand that we did not completely succeed in our mission and I apologize for that.

I sincerely hope this will not prevent you to solicit Holiday Inn Express Hotels for your next reservations.