“Solid great location hotel”

Grand Hotel Bellevue
Ranked #23 of 107 Hotels in Lille
Reviewed 28 September 2017

I was a bit worried about this hotel from reading some of the reviews. I lived in Lille ( back in the Eighties--yeah dating myself ) so it is always what I think of when thinking about hotels in Lille. I have to say Lille has changed and I am very proud of it. As it does not have many options for hotels and as I was there for a quick visit decided to stay with this hotel
Good decision Again Location can't be beat you are overlooking the Grand Place. Room small but Clean, yeah could use new carpets, but slept like a baby- no noise from the Square
Would not recommend breakfast as for 14 Euros can get it at a cafe.
Do not know anything about the interior rooms as I stayed in one overlooking the Grand Place but had my small but clean room with marble bathroom also spotless and had a great time.
So essentially a good, known, reliable hotel with a Fantastic location which was very clean. No frills like in a 5 star but down the stairs and you have everything one wants in a 5-10 minute walk. Would stay here again

Room Tip: room with a view
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
HLocufier, réception at Grand Hotel Bellevue, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2017

Dear AtlantaBender,

Reviewed 24 September 2017

I did a fair bit of research on Lille and where we would most want to spend our time before booking a hotel and it paid off - this hotel and the Grand Place view we had from room 301 was phenomenal! I felt it was very reasonably priced, had a classy, elegant feel throughout and the location was superb in the respect of the Grand Place being a great central hub of the City with lots going on, close to all the other places we were keen to visit (Vieux-Lille and Lille Zoo).

It also ended up being the easiest walk from the Eurostar station (about 5 minutes wheeling a suitcase!!). We paid the extra for the breakfast which as I have been accustomed to in Western Europe was a buffet style anglo-continental mix, so lots of choice for us Brits! Staff on the whole were friendly and most spoke good English too.

The main question - would we stay here again? Easy answer - if we ever visit Lille again, yes this would be our hotel choice again in a heartbeat!

Stayed: September 2017
1  Thank JamesDonald83

Dear JamesDonald83,

Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

My daughter and I arrived at The Grand Bellevue Lille an emotional roller coaster trip as I was taking my daughter to stay in Lille .

The staff were quite simply amazing and could not do enough to help us .

The room a simple twin was very comfortable everything we needed Nice bathroom , fridge and a kettle unusual for France but a welcome sight for Mum !

We spent 3 hectic days shopping finding my daughters property the staff continued to be helpful and I feel my daughter could at anytime walk in the Bellevue and ask for help !

A wonderful old fashioned gem of a hotel so handy for everything near the Metro and plenty places to eat in such a lovely setting , fantastic for the Eurostar highly recommended for other parents making the same trip !

I hope very much to stay again taking my husband and a great help with a difficult task moving excited Uni student ! Many thanks !

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank ruthyc155
Juliette C, Responsable réception at Grand Hotel Bellevue, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2017

Dear Ruthyc155,

Juliette COMYN

Reviewed 16 September 2017

Super hotel. Friendly , helpful staff and ideally situated for exploring Lille, optional buffet breakfast good value for money with a good choices of hot and cold . Clean and tidy thoroughly enjoyed my weekend stay,

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Kay S

Juliette

Reviewed 13 September 2017

We had a room overlooking a busy square with a Juliet balcony to enjoy the view and stayed for 5 nights, using Lille as our jumping off point to visit many military memorials around northern France. The street was busy but with double doors at the room entry and double doors at the window, we were not bothered by any noise. A very comfortable bed, large bathroom with a deep tub, large desk with a chair and a good sized armchair made us pleased with the room. It's near the train station and the car rental place plus lots of sights and restaurants nearby. They offer a good breakfast although it's pricey at 14€ per person. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple