“The staff is incredibly good ”

Le Boutique Hotel Garonne
Ranked #74 of 130 Hotels in Toulouse
Reviewed 12 January 2017 via mobile

The hotel is nice and the rooms are perfect and classy. They are quite big and you can find all contorts. The location is incredibly good and it is very quite at night time. Wifi is very good too. I do not normally mention too much the staff in my reviews. This time I want to make an exception because I am really deeply impressed by the staff of this hotel which is the most friendly and helpful I have ever found in the hotels. I was there with my sister for 4 days. I was very stressed because of the exam I had to do at the university. We were very well welcomed and the room was ready even before the check out time. The blonde girl at the front desk escorted us to the room and did not hesitate to come a bit later just to show us how to use the coffee machine.
The following morning the receptionist prepared us a coffee on the morning and was always looking after us very nicely, discretely and kindly. The following day I woke up at 4 am as I could not sleep because I was stressed by the exam I had to do that day. The night receptionist prepared me breakfast at 5 am to allow me to study better even though breakfast is not supposed to open until 7:30 am. I did not even asked for it. He was just spontaneously nice and helpful. I am really incredibly happy with all the 4 members of staff I met. They were the best staff I have ever found in a hotel. I am impressed. I will certainly come back.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank m_boni_85
There are newer reviews for Le Boutique Hotel Garonne

Reviewed 18 September 2016

Disappointing hotel. Very dark and not the cleanest. This area of Toulouse not the safest either. Lots of homeless beggars in this area and the front door is kept locked if the staff is not at the front desk. Breakfast wasn't spectacular either, no fresh fruit. It was included but they kept trying to charge us for it

Stayed: September 2016
1  Thank nmcgrath00
Hotel G, Responsable réception at Le Boutique Hotel Garonne, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2017

We deeply regret that your experience has not been positive and that we did not meet your expectations

Reviewed 14 April 2016 via mobile

We came by car and to unload our luggage in the very narrow street that fronts the hotel was a hazardous experience. The hotel advertised no parking but parking close by. Not so. It is complicated to get to, very expensive and is an underground very busy public parking station. When we got there there were few spots left. Overnight, even though we had parked well within the allocated space, someone scraped our car. I would not recommend this parking station.
This hotel from its own online description claims to be four star. For me the positives were: It is very well placed in the centre of Toulouse and near the river. The reception staff are efficient, friendly and helpful. The bed was comfortable. There was l'occitane products in the bathroom. The room had very effective air conditioning (heating and cooling) and the window can be opened.

The negatives for me were: The space to unload luggage and the parking. The reception area, which is small unwelcoming and crowded with tables and chairs used for breakfast. My room was quite dark and the decoration made it more so. I felt it was tired and dated. The bathroom did not have a proper shower - just a very small hand held water spray in the bath which did not generate much water power. This did not suit me.
I would not use this hotel again if I returned to Toulouse.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 February 2016 via mobile

Really nice hotel very well managed by nice staff. It is located in a quiet street and near to restaurant and bars. It is a good compromise quietness/night life in term of location.
My room was clean, modern and very well equipped. One drawback is that it is dark but that's it!

Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank schuminou
Reviewed 7 December 2015

I'm sorry to say, but this hotel is very expensive compared to his standards. I paid 180 euro for 1 night (incl Breakfast). The bathroom was horrible (see pictures). The tiles and the sink were ruptured. When I entered the bathroom it was like I walked on moss: under the tiles is was all moistered.
It is a very noisy hotel. I heard my neighbours waking up although they were quiet.
Breakfast was very poor: the 'fresh fruit salad' wasn't fresh at all: brown pears and apples (two days at a row). Even in an Ibis hotel you have more choice or you have more fresh food.
The staff was very friendly. They offered me a discount of 50 euro (for 2 nights). But I won't go there again if I didn't have to.

Room Tip: avoid room 14
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled on business
Hotel G, Responsable réception at Le Boutique Hotel Garonne, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2016

Madam,
We obviously take into consideration your comments. Bathroom works for this room has been made.
We are surprised and regret to hear that you were disturbed by your neighbors. This doesn't in fact reflect the image of our property. As for breakfast, we assure you served fresh food .Yours Sincerely