“Rooms need renewal ”

Quality Hotel Christina Lourdes
Ranked #58 of 185 Hotels in Lourdes
Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

Was here with my parents from Friday till Monday. Location was great ! Staff was friendly. Food was ok but not recommended for someone like me who eats mostly vegetarian. The rooms are stuck in the 80's. No renewal, no maintenance. Perhaps they put us in an old part as the pictures shown are not what we seen. The sliding door to the bathroom fell out in my parents room. Floors are carpets and looked dirty. My room was tiny and animals which I couldn't really tell what they were made the room not to recommend. The elevator was small and technically served its best times and needs renewal. I'm also wondering if the electricity is updated to have a secure stay. Light fell out in the lobby for a while. Nevertheless we had a great time but would not recommend a stay in this hotel room.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 17 August 2017

We stayed for five days during a pilgrimage with family and friends. Hotel was nice with a great location not too far from the grotto. The double room was small but comfortable ... I liked it ... just right for our needs in an extremely busy schedule. Cleanliness was up to standard. Staff friendly and helpful. Meals were great, never had reason to complain, breakfast abundant although I would recommend some variety from day to day. I would stay at Hotel Christina again, I particularly appreciated the location and the frequent walks to the main sites through the busy yet attractive shopping centre, The owner himself would take the time to stop for a chat at reception or during meals. I recommend Hotel Christina with no hesitation.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
CHRISTINALOURDES, Directeur général at Quality Hotel Christina Lourdes, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

Dear Janice
Thank you soo much for this pleasant commentary
hope to see you again
best regards
Brigitte

Reviewed 7 July 2017

My family and I were on and extended (10 day) tour of holy places in Europe. Lourdes is one of them. This hotel was booked by our tour company (COSMOS) (I highly recommend COSMOS). The room was clean and had a nice view. The walls are this so we could hear our neighbors showering. The wi-fi is free but slow. The breakfast was ok. Not a lot of fresh fruit. My daughter and I wanted to eat late and the service for food was very limited. The walk to the shrine is short and easy. (It is an easy town to get lost in.) The floor we were on lost power around 9PM and it took a while to get it working. I migh stay here again but would look at other places first.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 May 2017

Our room had 3 beds although there was only 2 of us plus it had 2 bathrooms with showers, one had a tub, although stay away from the coffee, not that great, It was probably been sitting there for a while, location was great.Breakfast was okay

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
CHRISTINALOURDES, Responsable réception at Quality Hotel Christina Lourdes, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2017

Thanks you so much
we will try to have a better coffee !

Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

I had high hopes for this hotel, being a Choice hotel. There were other less expensive hotels in the area that even offered free breakfast, but we chose this hotel because they stated that their beds were pillowtop and we wanted a comfortable bed. The plus is that they put us in a room with a beautiful view. That's it. No free breakfast, no high speed internet, bathroom is tiny, hairdryer looks more like a vacuum cleaner, only toiletries provided is soap. Hotel is about a 15 minute walk and is located at the end of the street, however, after walking all over the basilica and grotto, the hotel seems so far away. On their website it states that they have high speed internet, but no, it's always so hard to connect to their wifi and always take you out and slow. We should have just gone to the other less expensive hotels in the area that are closer to the basilica.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family