“Small restaurant popular with locals”
Review of Le Lautrec

Le Lautrec
Reserve with
Le Lautrec is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 281 Restaurants in Albi
Cuisines: French
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 20 January 2015

Cosy restaurant with friendly ambiance. Quality ingredients and reasonably priced excellent quality local wine.
Disliked 6 large fish bones in fillet of cod and attitude of young waitress, whose comment 'all fish have bones' was unfitting for a restaurant of this quality.

3  Thank AudePixie

Reviewed 18 December 2014

We were in Albi for one evening in mid-October. The city was uncrowded. We wandered down to this restaurant after reading some reviews. It was a Saturday night, about 8 P.M. There were a few empty tables. We were greeted and directed to a table in the back. There was an elaborate price fixed menu. But we were not that hungry. We sat for a good 10-15 minutes before someone came to speak with us. I speak decent French, and asked the hostess, who I believe is one of the owners, about a smaller price fixed meal that was detailed on the menu and listed as available on Saturday's. She told me it was not available. I asked about ordering a la carte. She told me it was possible, but clearly was not enthusiastic about it. We sat for another 15 minutes and no one ever came back to take an order. For the first time in my life, I walked out of a restaurant. This restaurant has pretensions to be first class. But they have a long way. I would not recommend anyone get near this place. There are many alternatives in the city.

2  Thank triangletraveler
Reviewed 24 September 2014

Lovely setting in an 'outdoor room' covered by wisteria so no diesel fumes! A well prepared menu with a difference to other tourist restaurants. Efficient service and reasonable price. Limited opening this time of year.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

We visited this restaurant due to its nice ambiance and a recommendation. We were nicely welcome and looked forward to a great meal. I had a starter with a mix of seafood on a bed, which looked like half a muffin with a strange taste. The seafood was embedded in a creamy sauce. Already, when eating, I had concerns due to the unidentifiable taste. The main course was with lamb, which again had a hard to identify minced meat, half warm, half cooked in a shell of more or less raw green pepper. I left half of it as I was mistrusting the taste.
Since our visit, I now suffer for five days due to colon problems clearly related to my meal at this place, which also got confirmed by a physician, I consulted in Albi.
The food of my wife and my son was okay, but not exciting. They ate different things than I did. Beside my food poisoning problem, we were not really impressed with the food choice and the selected starters and entrees.
Service is professional and we have no reason to complain about this part of our visit.

2  Thank caribtravelnut
Reviewed 1 November 2013

This restaurant was recommended to us by the owner of the gite where we were staying as being one of her favourite restaurants in Albi and we were not disappointed.

We had not made a reservation when we went there for lunch but the staff made us very welcome. It was a hot day and walking to the restaurant we had passed a number of pavement-side restaurants where people having lunch looked rather hot and uncomfortable, so it was a real pleasure to arrive at Le Lautrec and to be offered a table in its very attractive, shady courtyard.

The food was good and the service attentive. We highly recommend their dessert Cafe Gourmand which includes three small desserts and a cup of coffee.

English is spoken here.

Been to Le Lautrec? Share your experiences!