“Awful”
Review of Coeur De Ble

Coeur De Ble
Ranked #22 of 92 Restaurants in Verdun
Reviewed 6 April 2018

The food here was terrible, and it was overpriced (typical tourist trap restaurant). And the staff was completely disorganized. By the time I received a teabag for my hot tea, my water was cold. My husband and son both had fries with their meal that were so overcooked they could have been chips instead. And my daughter and I both ordered a pasta dish that ended up being baked in greasy cheese.

Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

We had both of our lunches over our stay in Verdun at this place.

Quality of food is excellent, service is pleasant and quite room upstairs offer the ideal break to refuel and explore around.

Reviewed 12 July 2017

We ate there twice over two nights, good food, good beer, good staff, quick service and reasonably priced. I am a vegetarian and had no trouble getting food here, and more than one dish.

3  Thank Brian W
Reviewed 2 May 2017

We went here because it was the only we could find open on a Sunday evening. Sadly, our hotel restaurant was closed. The location is nice but the service was slow, Several dishes were unavailable but this wasn't declared upfront. They forgot an onion soup starter. And then it was impossible to provide one, apparently. The wine was expensive and average in quality. I seriously doubt any locals come here. Our main courses took an age to arrive. My steak and frites were ok. The pasta dishes were also ok. But for a 100 euros this was poor value for money. Perhaps the British idea that you can't go wrong with a meal out in France was always a myth but it was certainly the case here.

Reviewed 20 October 2016

I stayed in Verdun and looked for a place to eat at 7pm. I was amazed that everywhere was closed. This led to a choice of this place or a wooden shed selling pizzas.

I chose the baked French onion soup, which is a favourite of mine.this is quite simply the worst example of soup that I've ever tasted. It was bland in every aspect. It was just sliced onions in a watery stock. I've cooked better myself.

My main was veal with risotto. Again bland and disgusting. Risotto was from a packet and was chalky in taste.

Wished I had got the pizza from the garden shed