“SUPERB LUNCH AT NARBONNE”

La Table Saint Crescent
Ranked #3 of 287 Restaurants in Narbonne
Price range: USD 47 - USD 118
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 4 August 2017

I am a very lucky man.... Each year we come to stay with relatives in the south of France at Pepieux to use and abuse their hospitality, their pool and extensive knowledge of local eateries. This year being a significant milestone for both my wife and myself, our close relatives Rebekah and Richard booked a celebratory lunchtime meal for us at the Table Saint Crescent in Narbonne. Well, dear reader, I can honestly and truthfully say that, end to end, this was the best meal I have ever had! Not that we are fortunate enough not to have to worry about the price of things but we do appreciate the quality and value of food and service and this experience was of the highest order. We opted for the Conviviale menu which comprised 5 courses (one of which cheese) but were served 9 individual dishes if you count the amuse bouche before and during the meal. Each and every dish was of the highest quality and the presentation was of a standard that belies the restaurants M1 star status. The service itself was quiet, efficient and attentive to perfection and I could only wish that some London restaurants charging 5 times the price would send their staff here to learn how it is done properly. Bravo to all the staff!
My humble suggestion to anyone booking here is to eat inside because a l'exterieur it was warm and humid in August and the noise from the well-screened roundabout close by was slightly obtrusive. But I am being fussy here - if your focus is food , this is the place to come if you are venturing close to Narbonne.

3  Thank GarryB161111

Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

For my last night in southern France I treated myself to dinner at the only Michelin starred restaurant in town. I did the chef's tasting menu with wine pairing. The food was very inventive, making good use of local ingredients. I especially enjoyed the way the chef worked with contrasting textures (soft fish & crispy seaweed cracker) and nuances (radish leaf & smoked butters). The sommelier did a nice job pairing the wines. I am back in the US now, so won't be going back to La Table Saint Crescent anytime soon, but it was definitely worth the visit.

1  Thank Mainer_in_exile
Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

Amazing food, amazing service. What else?
The location aside, what s in the plate is much more than the 1 Michelin star.

1  Thank oasdiug
Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

Stylish, classy and exuberant. The food is lovingly presented and delicious. The service is absolutely faultless. The staff are super professional, groomed, attentive and yet totally unobtrusive.

Whilst the food is exquisite the cutlery and crockery are divine. See photos attached.

The location is awful but once you are inside you would never know....

Recommended.

1  Thank pominsydney
Reviewed 3 March 2017 via mobile

Fabulous food, first class, but most importantly friendly and helpful service. Highly recommended for every special occasion. Everything was fully explained and we were made to be very special