All reviews walled garden junior suite private home clear water this small boutique hotel perfect weekend breakfast is served long weekend south of france antiques annabelle chandeliers valentin retreat sublime station basin
Reviewed 28 July 2015 via mobile

Only saving grace was the beautiful colonnade courtyard. Rooms were impractically appointed - small, the worst shower we have ever experienced and unjustifiably expensive extras. Would not return. Pool was also nothing like the pictures - sigh.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank luxealways
Reviewed 12 July 2015

Visiting Nimes for the first time to see Meastro. Ennio Morricone in concert at the world famous Amphitheatre; where do you stay ? Jardins Sectrets was just the greatest choice we could make ~ and guess what, it wa the choice of our friend Ennio & Maria Morricone. They loved it too.

The Jardins. Secrets is enchanting, romantic, quiet in a surrounding of an lovey garden and pool with every room full of antiques it makes your visit so so special.

The staff are so accommodating and friendly; the service is excellent and the special service by the garden pool is just lovely. In July Nimes is very hot and is very warm but when you come back to a fully air conditioned Hotel in every room you can relaxe back with easer. A Little Oasis and very special We doubt that you will find anything better. We shall be back next years in May and Setpember.

Maestro Ennio Morricine received a standing ovations for his brilliant performance with the Roma Sinfonietta - The Owners and staff can take their ovation; thank you for making our stay so perfect.

Room Tip: All Rooms are exceptional; but try Room Lolita looking over the Spa Terrace and the Garden & Pool Area
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Keith B
Reviewed 8 June 2015

After checking out of the hotel from hell, we found this littel gem online, luckily they had 2 rooms available. Jaws dropped to floor as soon as we walked through the door into the fabulous walled garden, smelling of jasmine. Great little swimming pool as well which is a bonus after sightseeing on a sweltering day. The staff were extremely helpful, and pointed us in all the right directions, including the cheap 1 Euro train to the beach. We had rooms on the ground floor, with our won littel seated areas outside, which is delightful, and again with the heady smell of jasmin. We did not have breakfast here as it is just a continental one, beautiful served, but expensive. You can get more or less the same round the corner for 6 Euros, but the ambience is not the same of course. We had drinks and snacks round the pool, all served beautifully. W did get told off early one evening for making a bit too much noise of the stunning roof terrace with a bottle of wine....and felt guilty slightly, until were were told by a member of staff later on that Kate Moss had made a lot more noise when she was there.........whats good enough for Mossie etc etc :-) This is a stunning hotel, and are the rooms are out of this world. Would definately return

Room Tip: The rooms on the ground floor have littel outdoor areas to sit in
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank Lynn J
Reviewed 12 October 2014

The hotel is truly a labour of love. Everything is exquisite. The hospitality was wonderful. The bed was comfortable with great toiletries. There was also a boutique where you could buy your own to take home. Although for me we were traveling light so another time. The hotel was a work of art brimming with antiques. I loved exploring the rooms and just looking. The room was very comfortable and I didn't want to leave. The cats were a welcome addition and added a homey touch. I found the hosts charming and very helpful. I read another review where some one found the wife a little to aloof. That's just very french in my books and it is a business. They are not there to be your friends. The room was very dark for my partner's liking but personally I loved it and found it added to the warmth and charm.

Room Tip: The deluxe suites at ground level have a bit of outdoor space where you can enjoy wine and snacks. The hotel has a policy of no outside food or beverages in main areas. I found the selection on offer some what limited. Breakfast was beautifully served but consisted of rolls, breads & jams with a bit if yoghurt and fruit. At €25 this is a bit steep when for €6 in town you can get the same. Worth it to have a peaceful morning at least once just for the beauty.
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Xeverity
Reviewed 5 October 2014

This is a very beautiful hotel, with really helpful staff. I must mention Joel in particular who made us extremely welcome and gave the impression that nothing was too much trouble. The beds were so comfortable and it's a lovely place to spend some time relaxing, whether you're in your room, sitting on the terrace, or out in the garden by the pool. The fact that it's 5 minutes from the train station was perfect for us, as we travelled by France's excellent TGV service. As we didn't have a car, it was also great to have an oasis of luxury so close to the centre of Nimes, especially when going out for dinner.

Obviously, I've said this was 'almost' perfect. Hot water occasionally required a bit of a wait or messing about with taps/mixer, and, although I understand the owner's wish for a certain ambience, I would have been grateful for a bit more light in the rooms. It's an old property, and we were clumsy modern folk! We didn't take breakfast because, frankly, 25 euros each per day is hard for us to justify given all the bakeries within 5 minutes walk! Given what you're already being charged, I think breakfast included would be fair, but then, I'm not aware how big their overheads are...

Regardless, if you're looking for a romantic setting for a few days in this lovely city, I would recommend, simply for the experience of being in such a beautiful hotel with a fascinating history.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple