“Authentic flavours, cozy environment (double check your bill)”

Chez Tiouiche - Au Bon Accueil

Breaking down the rating:
Food authenticity of flavours 4/5 - well-spiced, intense but balanced
Environment 4/5 - cozy, inviting, a warm small space in the old town
Service 3/5 - our waiter spoke English reasonably well
Local hospitality 1/5 - highly likely one those venues offering two menus (in language and price for tourists). Also, be sure you double check your bill before you pay! Ours came with an anonymous 20% mark up and an extra dish...

Date of visit: May 2016
2  Thank jaqueqian
Write a reviewReviews (551)

Reviewed 1 April 2016

We had a group of 8 for dinner; We shared many menu items. Moroccan cuisine. I had the quail with lemon grass. It was delicious. Portions were very generous.

Date of visit: March 2016
Reviewed 1 September 2015

Situated a couple of alleyways from the palace of Versailles, this is an excellent place to have dinner. A group of us sat outside, and drank multiple bottles of wine and downed Tagine and Couscous of different varieties. The food is ample, and cooked to perfection. Went there with a TA recommendation and would join in on the chorus.

Date of visit: August 2015
Reviewed 11 July 2015

We enjoyed our meal here. The owner comes by and checks on you, which is a very nice touch. We had a bottle of rose wine, some couscous and a tangine.

I read the reviews first and found that each plate was pretty big, so we only ordered two. There was more than enough for the two of us. Meal was delicious.

Date of visit: May 2015
1  Thank Helen L
Reviewed 19 June 2015

I have no idea what all the fuss is about this place. As far as I am concerned the place is average at best. The whole experience was one that made me feel that they owners had not tried too hard to make the most of what is an excellent location.
The decor is kitch at best. Before I come to the food I have to premise my opinion that I an a vegetarian and so this may not be their strongest suit. However all the vegetables in the tagine were boiled to the point that could not be recognized.
The couscous was excellent but it is not that hard to make it at home.
The prices are quite steep for what you get I guess you are paying the locality to the Palace.

Date of visit: June 2015