“Charming ”

Cuisines: Polish
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: 18th Arr. - Buttes-Montmartre
Reviewed 16 May 2016 via mobile

Cosy ambient, very very friendly welcoming stuff, great food , highly recommended, of course pierogi are obligatory to take

Date of visit: May 2016

Reviewed 4 December 2015

I found Mazurka by accident and it was an amazing discovery. I never tried polish food before but after this I'm already a fan. From the outside you won't imagine the beauty that lies inside: it is lovely decorated with polish elements and you will feel right at home (it seems you are in a house from one of your long lost relatives). The staff (all family members) are very helpful and friendly. All around, this is a familiar and cozy environment. The food is like a fest in your mouth...wow !!! It tastes amazing, just like homemade food done with care and love. You can't beat that ! Try it !!!

Date of visit: May 2015
Reviewed 7 January 2015

I'm by no means an expert in Polish food after a couple of trips there over the past few years, but Mazurka struck me as being a good example of traditional Eastern European fare - tasty, solid and hearty. I was particularly taken by the borscht royal (I think that is what it was called - borscht with mini pierogi in it - Polish experts excuse me if I have the spellings wrong). All very reasonably priced. Friendly if a bit slow service. Certainly worth a visit if you are looking for a different type of restaurant in Montmatre.

Date of visit: November 2014
Reviewed 26 December 2013

food is great, ambiance little bit old fashioned and chaotic, you feel like at grandma's house ......

Date of visit: December 2013
1  Thank Slawho_444
Reviewed 12 April 2013

I live just 5 minutes walking form Mazurka, so I'm visiting it quite often - I'm Polish, and the best homesick cure for me is always red barszcz and pierogi.
Mazurka is all about homemade, traditional Polish food - Mr Marek, the owner, moved to Paris back in 1985, and took all the recipes with him. Like every homemade food - sometimes it's great and you can't believe that it's even possible, and sometimes it's just good. But anyway - Barszcz with Uszkas & Russian Pierogis is a must - my French friends enjoyed it as well.

Date of visit: March 2013