“Polish Perfect”

Cuisines: Polish
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Montmartre
Reviewed 4 December 2015

I found Mazurka by accident and it was an amazing discovery. I never tried polish food before but after this I'm already a fan. From the outside you won't imagine the beauty that lies inside: it is lovely decorated with polish elements and you will feel right at home (it seems you are in a house from one of your long lost relatives). The staff (all family members) are very helpful and friendly. All around, this is a familiar and cozy environment. The food is like a fest in your mouth...wow !!! It tastes amazing, just like homemade food done with care and love. You can't beat that ! Try it !!!

Reviewed 7 January 2015

I'm by no means an expert in Polish food after a couple of trips there over the past few years, but Mazurka struck me as being a good example of traditional Eastern European fare - tasty, solid and hearty. I was particularly taken by the borscht royal (I think that is what it was called - borscht with mini pierogi in it - Polish experts excuse me if I have the spellings wrong). All very reasonably priced. Friendly if a bit slow service. Certainly worth a visit if you are looking for a different type of restaurant in Montmatre.

Reviewed 26 December 2013

food is great, ambiance little bit old fashioned and chaotic, you feel like at grandma's house ......

1  Thank Slawho_444
Reviewed 12 April 2013

I live just 5 minutes walking form Mazurka, so I'm visiting it quite often - I'm Polish, and the best homesick cure for me is always red barszcz and pierogi.
Mazurka is all about homemade, traditional Polish food - Mr Marek, the owner, moved to Paris back in 1985, and took all the recipes with him. Like every homemade food - sometimes it's great and you can't believe that it's even possible, and sometimes it's just good. But anyway - Barszcz with Uszkas & Russian Pierogis is a must - my French friends enjoyed it as well.

1  Thank budzor
Reviewed 7 October 2012

We have a Polish and Hungarian background so eastern European food is in our blood. The potato pancakes were as good as any we have ever had. The bigos was like being in Krakow. And don't forget to start your meal with Vodka. If you like spicy - try it with pepper. An affordable pleasure near Montmatre.