“If you had an eccentric French grandma...”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Ben Franklin Salon

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
cuttlefis...
Memphis
“If you had an eccentric French grandma...”
Reviewed 26 March 2018 for a stay in March 2018

This building is 300 years old. It has retained all of the lovely characteristics of an old structure (stone walls, exposed beams, cobblestone courtyard, and tall windows) while having somehow been fitted with electricity, running water, and wifi. If you want the “feel” of old Paris, you have to take the good with the bad. Antiques, wall tapestries, and fancy mismatched dishes are all part of it. Naomi, the owner, is American and very helpful and responsive to any needs you may have. The beds (including the loft) are very soft. We slept so soundly we almost missed a mid-morning tour! The location is fantastic: Just a block from the Metro and a well-stocked grocery/drug/department store and about 3 blocks from Palais Garnier and what I called “little america” because there are a 5 Guys, McDonalds, Burger King and Pizza Hut. In the other direction, the Louvre and Tuileries gardens are 4-5 blocks! Yes, it’s an old apartment, but that adds to the experience.

A TripAdvisor Member
“More shabby than chic.”
Reviewed 23 October 2017 for a stay in October 2017

Good location near major attractions. Apartment was cluttered and some equipment failed. No ventilation and some noise from other residents. General character below what was expected but adequate for a short stay in this price range.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
5 Nov 2017
Hello, I am glad you enjoyed your stay in Paris, but sorry that our apartment did not completely live up to your expectations! True – it was right between seasons, and I had left extra fans, heaters and dehumidifiers - thankfully, I had taken out the portable air conditioner from the summer! The times are so changeable we do not know what people will require for their comfort; but I guess all of that will clutter up any space. I should have asked, and just stored the unnecessary objects. From now on, I will keep everything either in our basement storage or in much less obtrusive places in the apartment. I thank you for your input, and very sorry I hadn’t realized it was a problem during your stay! Best regards, Naomi
Sylviaand...
Millbrook, Canada
“beautifully decorated, nice antique look”
Reviewed 7 October 2017 for a stay in September 2017

good news: i forgot something when I left and it was mailed to me immediately. VERY close to the Louvre, the the Opera. AMAZING local restaurants. We had new and exciting Asian food. the decor was traditional (somethign hard to find on line).
the bad news. 2 issues. the master bed was too soft (not comfortable for 2 adults) and you could hear the people come and goo in the walkway. The light would automatically come on in the walkway, shining into the master bedroom. I eventually slept upstairs, which was a very comfortable bed.

Management Response
5 Nov 2017
Hello, I greatly appreciate the good news – although I cannot take credit for the amazing location - but I love it too ;-) ! Afraid I will have to own up to the curtain/light penetration, a case of choosing form over function. I just loved that silk shantung, and thought it adequate. I have heavy curtains on all the windows except the window on the door – I'll try adding a second layer, I do hope that will ameliorate the situation - I'd hate to have to replace it entirely!
Best regards, Naomi
SLTex
Sugar Land, Texas
“Ideal location....interesting place to stay!”
Reviewed 10 July 2017 for a stay in June 2017

We found this weekly rental through Trip Advisor, and Naomi was very gracious and helpful both before and during our stay. Location....three blocks from the Louvre, and four from the Garnier Opera House, not quite five from the Seine. Nice Japanese restaurants believe it or not in our sector. Was a bit hard to find initially since the street is so short and obscure, but this is one of the older more historic parts of Paris. Good to have a nice little grocery/department store nearby which we used daily.

Hansen943...
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
“Perfect for exploring Paris”
Reviewed 17 May 2017 for a stay in May 2017
person found this review helpful

This was my third trip to Paris in the the last 6 years and my first stay in a private rental. It was exactly as described in TA ,Naomi was great ,she was there when we arrived , gave us a walk through and left. We had one small issue which she resolved in a matter of minutes.The location could not be any more central ,walk to the Louvre,walk to the Opera a metro station is maybe a 4 minute walk ,if you walk slow.Lots of choices for eating and great early morning cafe's for coffee.It is on the ground floor off of a quite street.I would absolutely stay here again.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing