“A small but very affordable place to eat Fish and Chips”
Review of God Save the Fish

God Save the Fish
Ranked #2,186 of 18,597 Restaurants in Paris
Neighbourhood: Opéra / Bourse
Neighbourhood: Opéra / Bourse
Reviewed 5 December 2017

On the other side of the street from my hotel (Ibis) this restaurant is closed on Sundays, this place offers fish and fries with decent bottle of wine (or beer). There is half and full fish, and not too oily.

It is a tiny place, and the person who runs the place is friendly and gave me a generous portion of cake for dessert with my Fish and Chips. It was better than the ones I had two days later in London.

Reviewed 29 May 2017

Ate here on our first night as it was near the hotel and had good ratings and it was good.
Quite busy when first found so a walk round the block and it had just a couple of customers so in we went.
We ordered the 'William' - large fish of the day (cod) chips, mushy peas and soft drink all cooked fresh to order and they were bloody good.

Reviewed 21 March 2017

A great find in Paris. Excellent food, not greasy and a reasonable price. The fish was excellent. All served red hot. We had the Menu Wiliam with a couple of glasses of wine.
The owner Victor ( I beleive) was very chatty and even gave us a free wine.
WE would have returned if we were there longer.
The restaurant and toilets are very clean.

1  Thank Mrsj29
Reviewed 25 January 2017

Going to a fish and chips place is a bit an original choice when in Paris.
I didn't mind though eating there. The price and the food was relatively ok.
The service was in line with the place, which was on the "fast food" sensation.
I ordered the fish and chips (menu william) and the fish was quite good. However the fries were soggy and tasted bitter. That was disappointing.
The dish was served with some sauce (not too bad) and some mashed peas that were though tasting too strong of dried mint which is not my favorite.
On a plus side, I was expecting to smell strongly of fried food when out, but there seemed to be some good air ventilation.

Reviewed 2 December 2016 via mobile

I went to God Save the Fish based on a four star recommendation from TripAdvisor. I was excited to eat here. I love fish and chips! Even though I'm in Paris I thought I'd give it a try.

We arrived for an early meal around 4pm. Closed. Back at 6:30pm. Ok, a little inconvenient but no big deal. We returned around 7pm, ready for a delicious meal. We each ordered a George, chips and a coke. The fish was ok, not great. The coke was as expected. The chips were not very good at all.

The server was very nice and helpful.

As a whole, I'd say the meal was a bit pricey for what you got. To be expected in Paris I suppose...

I won't make a return trip.