“Great food but poor service”

Le Relais Louis XIII
Ranked #708 of 18,815 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Odeon / Saint-Michel
Reviewed 22 May 2016

The tasting menu served beautiful food to michelin standard, however the service falls very short. Also, I dont believe we were served all ten courses. The somellier spoke of the beef course which we did not receive.

Although sound service to begin, after the last course the staff completely ignored us for more than 30 minutes. No offer of more drinks, coffee & tea or cheese etc, although we watched this be offered to other tables.

An rxpensive restaurant that you are likeky to walk away feeling disapointed as we did. You will do much better in Paris elsewhere.

Date of visit: May 2016
2  Thank David H
Write a reviewReviews (531)

Reviewed 17 April 2016 via mobile

My wife and I went to this restaurant as a treat for her birthday. We had wanted to take the tasting menu, but with my shellfish allergy we were initially told that we could not have it as there was no way they could swap in other items, although this later changed to that we could try it, but it would be difficult for them to do.
We decided to eat from the a la carte menu and share, and the chef made us a special roasted fois gras dish that was not on the menu. Sharing meant we kind of made our own tasting menu.
After the slightly disappointing start, the food and service were stunningly good,fantastic wine pairing by the sommelier just added to what was a really special treat.
I would heartily recommend to anyone looking for an extra special place to go in Paris - even more so if they can actually have shellfish.

Date of visit: April 2016
Reviewed 14 April 2016

Went for Lunch with friends and were treated to a very high quality meal that meet my expectations as a Michelin rated restaurant. Chef Manuel Martinez was most gracious in coming to our table and even taking a moment to meet with us. Food and Wine service was very professional. Do dress nicely. I will return when visiting Paris again.

Date of visit: March 2016
Reviewed 12 April 2016

Very formal, fine-dining at its best, every Michelin star on showcase, definitely felt a regal sense about the place. It does exude an old charm about it. Very indulgent, and yes it is expensive, but we knew it was to be and wanted to splurge, after it, it's Paris.
Nonetheless, the food was divine, from start to finish. We opted for a-la-carte, and enjoyed the egg truffle, fried oysters, rabbit, lobster, traditional vanilla slice, and mango tart. Each meal was an adventure on its own.
Service was extremely attentive, something I'm not used to. I wouldn't eat like this all the time, but I'm so glad I did. Splash out if you can.

Date of visit: December 2015
Reviewed 8 April 2016

Went with friends who make the reservation for all of us.
Very fine dining, dress nicely. The food was very delicious, presented beautifully. We all enjoyed our experience. The area and restaurant are set in a historic and charming area. The chef came out and was very amiable allowing us to take a picture with him. A very fine meal he prepared for us.

Date of visit: March 2016