“Here you understand what 3 stars Michelin really means”
Review of Pierre Gagnaire

Pierre Gagnaire
Ranked #27 of 18,020 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Champs-Elysees
Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

Just extraordinary dinner. We eat "a la carte". The "game" is each meal you choose is in reality a set of 4-6 small dishes. Each of them are just perfect. When you take entrée-main course- dessert (Pierre Gagnaire is one of the very few doing the "Grand Dessert" - not to be missed) this make 15-20 dishes ! .... all of them exceptional.
Price is high, but dinner deserves it !

Reviewed 23 July 2017

I had only eaten at two Michelin restaurants previously and had not been “wowed” .
I most definitely was here at Pierre Gagnaire.

My visits to T'ang Court - The Langham, Hong Kong (Terrible) and Petrus (Disappointing) and not been impressed. (see reviews.)
I also failed to understand their rating achievements when making a comparison with the far superior Artichoke in Amersham.

My lunch visit to Pier Garner has shown me what - hopefully - I should expect at such a recommended restaurant.

I am not as eloquent as other reviewers to be able to add to the many 5* TA reviews apart from agreeing with them and thanking Elimane Kane for his courtesy and showing us round various areas and the kitchen.

A most enjoyable lunch time experience.

Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

My wife and I dined here for the first time this June. We have dined at 4-5 3 star restaurants over the past 10 years and we enjoy the experience!

PG was a joy from the reception to meeting the chef and kitchen staff to the wait and wine personal.

The food was very unique and inventive! We enjoyed the experience even though it may have been extreme in uniqueness and presentation.

A lot of fun!

2  Thank Thehandsometraveler1
Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

I know a lot of people who have stars in their eyes when they talk about Pierre Gagnaire, but for myself, I have need there twice, and the second time was to check my feelings and sincerely, I do not understand what is supposed to be amazing in those dishes. For me, no dish is wahoo and wines are overpriced. I have also tried his restaurant in Hong Kong as a comparison, and same feeling. Pierre Gagnaire hold the last position in my 3 stars list, and I will probability never go back unless I am forced to ;-)

3  Thank Julienhk
Reviewed 5 June 2017

I friend has arrange a table in Pierre Gagnaire restaurant after a match in Rolland Garros. The place was full. Cool and Chic three star restaurant. The concept of the bread and the butter is unique.
the clock eating starters very sophisticate. Bravo Pierre!!!