“So this is what a Michelin Starred Restaurant is about !”
Review of Pierre Gagnaire

Pierre Gagnaire
Ranked #18 of 17,863 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Champs-Elysees
Reviewed 23 July 2017

I had only eaten at two Michelin restaurants previously and had not been “wowed” .
I most definitely was here at Pierre Gagnaire.

My visits to T'ang Court - The Langham, Hong Kong (Terrible) and Petrus (Disappointing) and not been impressed. (see reviews.)
I also failed to understand their rating achievements when making a comparison with the far superior Artichoke in Amersham.

My lunch visit to Pier Garner has shown me what - hopefully - I should expect at such a recommended restaurant.

I am not as eloquent as other reviewers to be able to add to the many 5* TA reviews apart from agreeing with them and thanking Elimane Kane for his courtesy and showing us round various areas and the kitchen.

A most enjoyable lunch time experience.

Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

My wife and I dined here for the first time this June. We have dined at 4-5 3 star restaurants over the past 10 years and we enjoy the experience!

PG was a joy from the reception to meeting the chef and kitchen staff to the wait and wine personal.

The food was very unique and inventive! We enjoyed the experience even though it may have been extreme in uniqueness and presentation.

A lot of fun!

1  Thank Thehandsometraveler1
Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

I know a lot of people who have stars in their eyes when they talk about Pierre Gagnaire, but for myself, I have need there twice, and the second time was to check my feelings and sincerely, I do not understand what is supposed to be amazing in those dishes. For me, no dish is wahoo and wines are overpriced. I have also tried his restaurant in Hong Kong as a comparison, and same feeling. Pierre Gagnaire hold the last position in my 3 stars list, and I will probability never go back unless I am forced to ;-)

3  Thank Julienhk
Reviewed 5 June 2017

I friend has arrange a table in Pierre Gagnaire restaurant after a match in Rolland Garros. The place was full. Cool and Chic three star restaurant. The concept of the bread and the butter is unique.
the clock eating starters very sophisticate. Bravo Pierre!!!

Reviewed 5 June 2017

My dinner last Friday was among the best meals of my life. I wasn't going to write another review, but just read the preceding one and can't help giving another point of view. Pierre Gagnaire being my favorite three star restaurant, I felt a bit like when someone says "Lynch is a bad director": no, sorry, he isn't... (though you may dislike his movies!)

Let me first say this meal was something a bit extraordinary: I was celebrating a special event and as I am a returning customer, the staff knew I especially like sole and chocolate mousse. Btw they also know I have a huge appetite, usually the portions are smaller & lighter (and their desserts more intricate than chocolate mousse).

The fish was prepared by their executive chef Michel Nave, who has been working with Pierre Gagnaire for more than 30 years and incidentally is a MOF (Meilleur Ouvrier de France). My guess is his culinary skills are ok.

First the words...

Sole de petit bateau traitée meunière -
Les filets seront farcis de mousseron Saint Georges, chou nouveau et gel de cerfeuil;
Sauce ivoire au champagne Delamotte blanc de blancs.
Coulis de tomate au carvi et coquillages du moment.

... and below the pics, which speak for themselves.

Now everyone can form his own opinion. I know for sure it's by far the best sole I ever ate (much better than the one we had at Osteria Francescana), as well as the most incredible chocolate mousse!