“A night to remember”

Ranked #29 of 18,840 Restaurants in Paris
Price range: USD 0 - USD 442
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Faubourg Saint-Honore
Reviewed 11 September 2016 via mobile

This is what fine dining is all about, service, beautiful decor, and amazing food . This restaurant is set in the Bristol hotel in Paris where we enjoyed three courses off the alcarte menu each course was an enjoyable amazing experience , with multiple taste bud explosions

Date of visit: September 2016
2  Thank Jerry H
Hotel Le Bristo... P, Directeur at Epicure, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2016

Dear guest,

We thank you for the review you posted on TripAdvisor regarding your experience at Epicure.

We are delighted to read that your fine dining experience was enjoyable, thanks to the cuisine, the service and the décor. The team is happy you had such a great time and thanks you for your kind words.

We would be happy to welcome you back for another amazing experience.

Manager of Epicure

Write a reviewReviews (2,845)

Reviewed 6 September 2016

I visited Epicure at Le Bristol two days after visiting Le Cinq and the Four Seasons.

I have to say the entire experience was fantastic.

I dined by myself and the staff made every effort to make sure I was always engaged. The restaurant managers would ask me about my time in Paris, about myself, where else I'd eaten, what I liked etc etc
The food is insanely good and some of the things they've created are phenomenal. The signature dessert with the gold leaf, chocolate sorbet was so beautiful I didn't want to eat it. Alas, I love food to much and destroyed it.

The sommeliers were excellent and were very patient with me. I explained that I knew nothing about wine, they made some recommendations and allowed me to try them. If I didn't like them there was no issue and a different one was brought out.

The choreography of the entire meal was phenomenal as well.

Once my lunch was over, one of the restaurant managers walked with me to the front of the hotel and helped me into my Uber.

10  Thank ShivaV2

Dear guest,

We are delighted to read your satisfaction towards your time among us and we are glad we succeeded in satisfying you.

Your compliments about the cuisine you found insanely good and the service you judged phenomenal are appreciated by all the team who thanks you for these kind words.

Our pastry chef Laurent Jeannin is glad you enjoyed his Precious Chocolate Nyangbo creation.

We would be happy to welcome you back for another great experience.

Reviewed 5 September 2016

I ate at the Hotel Bristol about 20 years ago and decided to go back for a 60th Bday lunch. This is a wonderful hotel that makes you feel welcome as soon as one enters, with a personalized welcome and an escort to the lovely central garden. Though a beautiful day, after finishing our apero in the garden, we chose to eat in the main dining room next to a window overlooking the garden. I won't go into all the details on the meal as it would take far too long. Simply said, it lived up to its three star reputation for quality of the food, perfection of the service and brilliance of the presentation. My final "peach" will linger in my mind for a long time. This is a VERY expensive restaurant so unless you are obscenely wealthy it is not one you will frequent often, but if you are celebrating a very special occasion and are soon expecting a large inheritance, you should consider this as that singular event location.

4  Thank aagourmet

Dear guest,

We thank you for reviewing your experience among us at Epicure.

We are glad to read that your birthday lunch was an enjoyable moment.

Your kind compliments towards the cuisine of our chef, the service and the location are appreciated by all the team who thanks you for your kind words.

Our pastry chef Laurent Jeannin is delighted to read that his peach creation remains as a tasteful memory in your mind.

We would be happy to welcome you back for another beautiful occasion.

Reviewed 5 September 2016

On my last day in Paris I was asked about my experience and how had I enjoyed my trip. I told everyone the food was amazing the people great ,my little adventures to cemeteries and museums, humbling. What would I do next time.? I would plan and go to Epicure.........They took me to Epicure. We had a party of 4 and it was the most relaxing, zen like experience. Everyone is there so you can focus on the food and ambience. I realize that this booking was made a while ago and I was very lucky someone dropped out. bless them. absolutely magical

Date of visit: June 2016
1  Thank maggie c

Dear guest,

We are glad you had such a lovely moment among us, thanks to the cuisine and atmosphere you seemed to enjoy.

We are delighted we succeeded in satisfying you and the team thanks you for your kind words.

We would be happy to welcome you back for another magical moment.

Best regards

Frederic Kaiser,

Reviewed 2 September 2016

This restaurant is more about the unique experience than "man, that is delicious!!", in my opinion. The molecular gastronomy type dishes were very interesting, and I loved the cheese course, amuse bouche, and dessert. Surprisingly, the macaroons were definitely not the best that I've had.
As a vegetarian, I did not feel that they did a very good job creating a main course for me. I booked our meal weeks in advance, and told them at the same time that I am vegetarian. The main course I received was mushrooms (not fully cooked) in a foamy pesto sauce. I didn't even finish it, and honestly I could have done a better job making it myself.
I also had a champagne which was good, and a glass of wine that was recommended. At $38 a glass, you'd think it would be good, but it wasn't. I really wish I had said I didn't want it after my initial taste, but I hate feeling rude.
This was not my favorite meal in France, but it was a unique 3 hour dining experience for sure.
Service was impeccable.

1  Thank MimiBellini
Hotel Le Bristo... P, Food and Beverage Manager at Epicure, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2017

Dear guest,

We would like to express our gratitude for taking your time to share your experience with us at Epicure on TripAdvisor.

Whilst we are incredibly pleased to hear that our service team were able to provide you with an impeccable dining experience, we deplore we were unable to fulfil your expectations with our cuisine. Our head chef of Epicure, Eric Frechon, is a passionate and dedicated chef who wishes to share his cuisine with all his guests, and designs these according to their needs and desires. It is therefore unnerving to read that we were unable to satisfy you with our dish. However, please kindly note that we would have been more than happy to either exchange or adapt the dish, in order to accommodate your wishes.

Furthermore, we are surprised to read that our sommelier was unable to provide you with a wine which suited your taste, and regret hearing you felt discomfort when it came to expressing your opinion on the wine. Our dedicated staff are here to fulfil your requests, and we appreciate that all of our guests appreciate a multitude of different tastes! Please rest assured that we would have been more than happy to exchange your glass for a wine more suited to your liking.

We would be immensely grateful to welcome you back to Epicure, in order to ensure you of our desire to customise our service, providing you with an exceptional experience.

Kind regards,