“Insane Yummy”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Neighbourhood: 6th Arr. - Luxembourg
Reviewed 3 October 2010

It is not cheap, so save this for a special occasion. Inside seating was only for meals. If it's late and you just want a coffee and pastry you must sit outside. It's on the Champs Elysee, so who cares right? The coffee and pastry are OUT OF THIS WORLD! There is also a take out counter (how american!) Waiters are busy so give them some slack, and they will give you a smile.

Reviewed 24 September 2010

Beautiful atmosphere and beautiful food - at a steep price. Eur 18 for an omlette - but it was the best omlette I've ever had. Desserts live up to the hype and high price tag - I would have their tarte tatin for my last meal. Yes, it's full of tourists but at least you are getting good food for the price. And my mom loved it so that made it all worthwhile.

1  Thank lovewine
Reviewed 19 September 2010

Macarons look lovely, we saw a shop in versailles and decided to get them back in Paris centre, went to the one at Saint Germain des pres, cakes looked very nice from the display window so we decided to get some after lunch. we bought a box of 10, the rose petal ones were my favourite, boyfriend liked the chocolate ones. They were so nice we went to the one at champs elysees to get some more for his mum and a friend of mine to bring back to the uk. and of course we got ourselves 16 more... although I have to say they were very expensive.

Reviewed 18 September 2010

What a JOY to sit along the Champs Elysees on a gorgeous Sunday afternoon with an Ispahan and a deca cafe creme! Everything on the table top was delicate and beautiful. Typical tourist, I took pictures and I still stare lovingly (and longingly) at those photos of my beautiful French dessert...one of my favorite memories of Paris.

The only thing that would have made it even better was if it could have been a smoke-free patio.

Reviewed 16 September 2010

The bar at the back was fantastic for lunch. The house salad was perfect and the 4 mini macaroons were divine with coffe. Heavenly decor too. A bit pricey all up but a real treat. Patrons were mostly non-tourists.

1  Thank 734LindaW