“Good lunch”

Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Louvre / Palais-Royal
Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

After shopping in the morning, we had lunch in this quaint charming restaurant off the beat from the main road.

I ordered the veal after about it online while my friend ordered the rib eye steak.

The rib eye streak is really good and highly recommend it while the veal was just okay and I would probably order another dish (steak) if I come back. The fries served with the mains were fantastic as well.

Price was moderate and we spent about 30 Euros per person for lunch which was not bad.

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

I can’t say enough about this tiny gem of a place. You must have a reservation. Chef Hugo has different specials every day as well as amazing things that appear regularly on the menu like his amazing veal frites. His specials are always amazing though. Last week I had the best Mille feuille of my life. I had no idea he was a pastry expert as well. His sauces are sublime. Merci Chef Hugo and Jeremy!

1  Thank Winecanine
Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

Hugo and team have created a wonderful authentic restaurant in the middle of Paris which gives great food. Built against a church wall the old restaurant is small (so do not book and then not turn up) with about 16 places.

The menu changes daily and after a fantastic dinner we booked to have lunch on the day we went back.

Both of us like our food and the menu was small but offered a great variety with meals to die for.

Reasonably priced and good selection of wine with staff that know what’s what.

I just mentioned it was my husbands birthday and a wonderful champagne was produced at no cost.

We are coming back as there are meals to try

Reviewed 26 April 2018

As previous diners, we couldn't wait to get back to La Cordonnerie! We had been thinking about a previous dinner from this restaurant for a couple of years. We recently had the pleasure of sitting in the kitchen and watching Chef prepare our dinner, and subsequently devoured the scrumptious veal with mushroom sauce. For dessert, Chef brought out a chilled cake with chocolate icing, which was then placed in the oven for a few minutes so that the icing melted, but the cake remained chilled. Delightful and nary a crumb left on our plates! The service is great and friendly here.....although very busy.....we saw many people turned away without reservations. Solid French cooking here. We can't wait to return for another delicious meal. Merci and a bientot!

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Came here with my wife to celebrate our 20th anniversary this week, and I have to say, it was a perfect evening. The restaurant is small and cosy, the staff extremely friendly and welcoming. The food...absolutely stunning!
If you are ever in the area, you can’t go wrong here, it really is a gem. We will definitely be back the next time we are in Paris!