“Good to have Favorite back!”
Review of L'Os a Moelle

L'Os a Moelle
Ranked #2,347 of 18,852 Restaurants in Paris
Price range: USD 0 - USD 62
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 13 April 2017

1st time back in year's b/c it had been sold. Orginal chef is back & food is as good as we remember. 4 courses + chesse of this quality for 42 euro is a steal. Great affordable wine list. I've read to many "it's the best" reviews to not give this restaurant it's due.

Reviewed 5 April 2016 via mobile

It was the first time that me and my husband visited Paris and we traveled with another friend couple. We were staying nearby and after reading the reviews here on TripAdvisor we decided to try it.
Even though we're no experts on French cuisine we loved the food and the most fantastic and friendly waitress "Sade". Yes, it's expensive but we'd go there again as a treat.

Reviewed 23 November 2015

My wife has been coming here ever since discovering it as a student when her mother was visiting and taking her there for her birthday. We have only gone there for lunch and never had a problem getting a table. The service is great, the food is exquisite and the atmosphere is genuinely local. The value is very good when one considers the quality, although you can certainly find cheaper menus, the gourmet standard is much higher than alternatives. We have only been let down once in several visits - for a single course, which was just a sub par soup - but can still only recommend it to others and continue to return on any of our future visits to Paris.

Reviewed 9 October 2015

I am an airline pilot and have traveled extensively. On this trip though my wife and were tourists. We're staying in an apartment across the street from the restaurant and the owner of the apartment recommended L'Os a Moelle. Everything we absolutely perfect. We opted for the Degustation Menu (tasting menu), so that we could try many things. First of all the service was outstanding. My French is non-existant and my wife speaks a little bit. When we called to make reservations my wife tried her minimal French and the manager, Magdalenna, who answered the phone immediately let her off the hook with a friendly response in English. It was Magdalenna who served us and she was professional, efficient, always accessible and never intrusive. The food was perfectly seasoned and a complex blend of just the right ... everything. My personal experience with French food has not been that great. From mediocre bistros on layovers in Paris to overly greasy and bland food in the U.S. - the chef at L'Os a Moelle is young and extremely talented. He has reset the bar for me on French food. The atmosphere was comfortable and friendly.

This is gourmet food/fine dining at mid-range prices, a restaurant off the beaten path frequented by mostly local patrons.

We plan on going back to this restaurant again with some friends. I will certainly be back on layovers when I'm working.

2  Thank Wendy S
Reviewed 14 July 2015

L'Os à Moelle is hidden away off the main thoroughfares in the 15th arrondissement of Paris. We we staying near Place Vendôme so the 15th was definitely a little out of our way. The trip out was absolutely worth it though..

We arrived early, well before L'Os à Moelle opened and ended up happily relaxing with an apertif at La Cave de l'Os à Moelle, their sister wine bar across the road.

Unfortunately we had completely miscalculated our schedule for the evening since we had plans in the 10th arrondissment at 9pm. This left us with only about a half an hour for dinner.

The staff were superb, both at the tables and in the kitchen. When we told them we were short on time they helped us choose foie gras sliders for starters followed by rabbit wrapped in bacon then they prepared it all very quickly. Wine was brought out promptly and the food was just perfect. Their seared foie gras on small brioche buns was absolutely delicious and the rabbit was succulent, tender and perfectly prepared. In the end we, luckily, had just enough time to enjoy our meal and we couldn't have asked for better.

Next time we're in Paris L'Os will be at the top of our list.

1  Thank V5442WLpaulc