“Excellent little restaurant”

Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Montmartre
Reviewed 13 March 2012

We booked a table having read some very encouraging reviews - and we were not disappointed. Just what we were looking for - a small, traditional restaurant. Staff were very friendly, without being intrusive; menu was very reasonably priced and the food was excellent. There was a great buzz about the place, with all the tables full, and disappointed potential customers being turned away.

1  Thank Caddingtonian
There are newer reviews for Chez Toinette

Reviewed 9 March 2012

Menu geared for tourists and my fillet was quite chewy, which was a first. Compensated by the best brulee ever, however! As everywhere in Paris, not cheap and although a good meal generally, was not a memorable meal as such.

1  Thank Pennyiom
Reviewed 8 March 2012

Booked because of TA reviews. Good food and service but we felt that the restaurant was catering for foreigners/tourists - probably because of all the trade they get from TA! Enjoyed it but probably wouldn't go back there.

1  Thank Gillybluesky
Reviewed 5 March 2012

It was the last day of an already incredible week in Paris. That day we went to Sacre Coeur and Montmatre. I had already found Chez Toinette listed on Tripadvisor at #4 at the time and hoped we could get there to try it. We happened to show up before opening but the owners said they had a table available when they would open in 30 mins. What a really nice couple! Very pleasant and friendly. We had a drink up at the corner restaurant and came back for dinner. The place is small, maybe 15 tables, and we were lucky to be able to get seated.

The meal was exquisite! I had the lamb, which I almost never have because it seems like an acquired taste to me. I was assured by the owner that I would like it. She said many people say the same thing but they all liked it. Let me tell you. It was a lamb shank with farm vegatables and it was unbelievable!!! Falling off the bone and melting in your mouth delicious!! My wife has a dairy allergy and her meal had to be prepared special. I don't remember what it was but she said it was also fantastic. Throw in the wine, wonderful conversation with the owners, creme brulee for me and dairy-free dessert for my wife and it was an unforgettable dinner. They even gave us a bottle of wine to take with us as a gift.

Reviewed 3 March 2012

We went their around 8:45, and almost all the seated were taken. We were asked to come back at 9:05, and we shew up on time, sharp. :) The restaurant is fairy cosy. We had no idea what to order so asked for recommendation. The miss there was very friendly and explained in detail her suggestion. We ended up with two starters and main courses with lamp/deer. I had to admit as a home-chef myself, the food is truly delicious. Especially the home made foie gras, yummy! I think I will try to reproduce the lamp course at home, but with a little more indonesia sweet soy sauce. The cost is around 65 euro in total (without wine). One of the best meal we had in Paris!

1  Thank Rouniuyizu