“Loverly Dining Experience.”
Review of Le Cinq

Le Cinq
Reserve with
Le Cinq is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 17,885 Restaurants in Paris
Price range: USD 150 - USD 500
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Champs-Elysees
Reviewed 13 August 2017

Beautiful opulent and comfortable central Paris restaurant. Formal welcome and introduction to our waiter and sommelier. Choice of menus went for the tasting menu. Presentation and flavour dominated our table conversation. Most dishes were quite breathtaking in their composition. Interesting journey an amazing experience. Service well judged and attentive. Sommelier superb as was wine list. Just all round excellent. Understandably a large final bill.

Location/décor 5/5
Food 18/30
Service 8/10
Wine 9/10
Value 4/5
=44/50

1  Thank DrDBMA
Write a ReviewReviews (1,872)

Reviewed 9 August 2017

Top top end; but for a special occasion not to be beaten. Beautiful dinning room, marvellous staff and amazing food and wine. Do not be intimidated, the staff will look after you and are down to earth for such a high end venue. An experience of a life time.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

We enjoyed the gastronomique experience that is Le Cinq. Upon viewing the tasting menu, we were all in agreement to try. From the first, to the last course, we were taken on a culinary journey unlike any other we had experienced. It is not often you come across a restaurant with such imaginative dishes, each one bringing excitement to the palette and a staff so incredibly attentive that their service goes unnoticed. They are honestly that smooth and descrete. We paired our tasting with a wine pairing. We found the young sommelier to be wise beyond his years. He was fantastic and gave a quick summary of each wine. So thoughtful and thorough. I also want to add that our 12 year old daughter was with us. She too, enjoyed the tasting menu...every single dish. I bring this up as they treated her as special as any adult in the room. Thank you Le Cinq for an amazing evening! We will be back for our daughter's 16th bday...she made us promise!

Reviewed 4 August 2017

We had the pleasure of trying the tasting menu and we were surprised with every bite. Presentation and attention to detail was impeccable. We had things we have never before seen in any other kind of restaurant.
Staff were courteous and made sure we were well taken cared of during our (I think 2 or 3 hour) meal. At the end, we were given a box full of caramel goodies and desserts.
If you budget calls for it, I would definitely give Le Cinq a try, it's worth every penny, and every second of your time. It'll be a meal I remember.

Reviewed 2 August 2017

We expected a stunning experience and I was a little disappointed. The service was excellent, as expected, but a little annoying that the recommendations made by the waiter picked out the top four most expensive items, but as only the host has a priced menu it was not noticed by my guests.
I have eaten in many Michelin Starred restaurants and while Le Cinq was very good I am not sure it deserved 3 stars. For the first course I had the crab served in the shell and it was very good but for the main course the steak was mediocre

1  Thank Pjacko
fsgeorgev, Gérant at Le Cinq, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2017

Dear Pjacko,

First, let us warmly thank you for having shared your experience with us and for your kind words regarding the excellence of our service, even if we are truly sorry to read that you did not appreciate our recommendations. We always try to adapt our suggestions to our guests’ preferences and the best products of the day.

The chef is pleased that you enjoyed his special Shelled Spider Crab but is really concerned that your meat experience did not match you three Michelin starred expectations.

To help us understand what exactly was missing, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly at patrick.simiand@fourseasons.com and it will be my pleasure to investigate for you.

Best regards.